Options

Content blocks - not able to move where I want them

TammyGPhotoTammyGPhoto Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
edited August 9, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I amhaving a lot of trouble with content blocks!! I have added them to the a page and then tried to move where i wanted them but they won't stay there. i have resized them and moved them and they pop back and convert to the original size! i am getting very frustrated with this!! :dunno

Example - I have a title on my About page and i want to put my social buttons next to it. they end up underneath the title!! same issue with my footer! nothing stays where i try to put them!!

anyone willing to share the secret? :huh

thx!!

Comments

• Options
    edited August 8, 2013
    bump

is this in the right location? if not, how do i move it to the right place?
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    I'll try to do something like that on my site and post up what I find out. I did notice that the drag-n-drop was a little finicky, and it does sometimes reset widths (super-annoying), but I have had modest success with this type of thing.

What Browser / Operating System are you using?

Thanks,

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2013
    Say, I was actually able to do this I think pretty easily. Check out my About Me page (http://aschendel.smugmug.com/About-Me)... Is that what you were after (the title on one side and the social icon across from that)? I can't take a screenshot on this computer, but I just dragged the title on first and made sure it was at the top. Then I dragged my Social Icons content block and hovered to the far right edge of the Title block and a small green bar showed along the right edge, which I dropped the Social Icons onto.

Let me know if I'm way off base, I can try to get a screenshot when I get back to my main computer.

Thanks,

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    Here are a couple of screenshots:

i-FHmrsGP-L.jpg

i-S5s2bmP-L.jpg

I used a bit of CSS to set a background color on each of those so you could see where one started and the other ended...

HTH,

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    hey andy! i think i got this one to work...i had the setup to fixed on the page and it was not working...i didn't realize it until i went back to it. i switched it to stretchy and it worked...i fiddled with the dimensions of the content block until i got it to go where i wanted it to. now i will try the footer and see if that works.. it is slow going as i have small snippets of time to plug away at it..but i will get there eventually!!

thx for the help!!