Show Us Your New SmugMug Customized Sites!

Comments

• digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    divamum wrote: »
    Ok, thanks again digital pins - I see how it's done. My photos aren't consistent aspect ratios, so I may abandon ship on a slideshow, but it looks great on yours!

At the moment, I'm still twiddling, currently using Duke; this is a bit penny plain, but it coordinates with my logo and blog (which is where my domain is pointed). Now that SM is so much snazzier, I may well point the domain to the smug site and just have the blog be the standalone page instead of the other way around....

Much work still to be done, but I do like the collage front page and the MUCH better looking (and easier to create) navbars :) I kinda like having black bg around the photos themselves too; keep switching between Duke's native color and the white duotone. :)

http://divamum.smugmug.com/

No problem your welcome and I like your website so far, beautiful photos and headshots. I also see what you mean about your blog and your smugmug site, looks similar which is good.
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • dragandjordjevicdragandjordjevic Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    http://www.djordjevic-photography.com/

Ok, I guess i will go with this for now. Not too much different from my legacy SM, and I must say customizing was much easier for me this time. At first time I was furious because I had to do all the customizing mumbo jumbo again, but I guess the SM team did a really good job and made this customizing as easy as it gets.

Well done SM team!

thumb.gif
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    SGToliver wrote: »
    That did make it smaller but it shrunk things just a bit. Does it look better?

Looks good to me thumb.gif
  • RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Still a work in progress, but I am close. Having a hard time with the color scheme. Really don't want white, but not black either. Love to hear some thoughts.

www.richknechtphotography.com
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • simoncmosimoncmo Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2013
  • ReturningHomeReturningHome Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Loving the new SM!
    Thanks to all the work you Smuggers put into this!!! I struggled for a few days to really find my groove, tried multiple layouts... I am loving it!

Here's my new site!

http://www.kellyrogersonphotography.com
  • SGToliverSGToliver Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    simoncmo wrote: »

I would suggest you look over your Pricing page and your Bio. Your pricing page is littered with grammatical error and your bio is redundant. Sorry, not trying to be mean but these changes will help make you look more professional.
  • bachampbachamp Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Mine is now live.

Quite a bit of small customization, removing a lot of stuff I didn't want to see, key words and the like.

Still have a few problems, if you drag the window so its thinner you will get to a point where the nav menu wraps so I have 2 lines of text. Not sure how to fix it.

Another thing I'm trying to do is change the smugmug gallery style so the thumbnails are bigger and arranged in a landscape collage style.

---> www.benchampion.net <---
  • rob stanleyrob stanley Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2013
  • krashedmykarchkrashedmykarch Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    bachamp wrote: »
    Mine is now live.

Quite a bit of small customization, removing a lot of stuff I didn't want to see, key words and the like.

Still have a few problems, if you drag the window so its thinner you will get to a point where the nav menu wraps so I have 2 lines of text. Not sure how to fix it.

Another thing I'm trying to do is change the smugmug gallery style so the thumbnails are bigger and arranged in a landscape collage style.

Now that's photography! Excellent work. I just bookmarked your site.
    Best,
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
    www.charlesdalyphotography.com
  • kgphotoskgphotos Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Creating a Slideshow on homepage
    Hi. I checked out your website. Great job on designing it! How did you create the Slideshow on your homepage? I just signed up with smugmug and I am in the process of customizing my site. If you could provide me with instructions on how to do this it would be appreciated. I am a newbie to this.

Thank you.
    Im also addicted now I keep changing or updating little things here and there... lol late last night I messed up and had to fix somethings back. I may see or think of new things and love the preview option if I dont like it I simply click the revert button. But im going to leave it alone for now...

lamontphotography

• bmageebmagee Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 10, 2013
    Here is mine (for the moment). I find that I have been continuously tweaking. I feel close to being content for the moment. I would still like to delve back into seeing if the client login will function again, but haven't had much time for reading for code/hacks as of late.

www.bridgetmageephotography.com

Feedback is welcomed!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    kgphotos wrote: »
    Hi. I checked out your website. Great job on designing it! How did you create the Slideshow on your homepage? I just signed up with smugmug and I am in the process of customizing my site. If you could provide me with instructions on how to do this it would be appreciated. I am a newbie to this.

Thank you.

See posts #177 and #181 in this thread - I asked the same question, and he kindly replied thumb.gif
  • creidtaylorcreidtaylor Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 11, 2013
    Great site, my new site
    I'm new to SM, and this site. Great info and so many great sites in this thread. The new SM is a killer!

Thanks for looking, and please let me know how I can improve my site.

Cheers,
    CT

http://creidtaylor.smugmug.com/
  • ShinryaShinrya Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    new to the forum, new to SM. Here is my site. I'm pretty happy with it.

www.peterstewartphotography.com
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    Shinrya wrote: »

Beautiful website to compliment your beautiful photography. Well done.

On the search page, I would move the keyword cloud above the search bar so that you don't have all that negative space and then both the cloud and the search bar will be closer and the viewer doesn't have to scroll.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • ShinryaShinrya Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013

On the search page, I would move the keyword cloud above the search bar so that you don't have all that negative space and then both the cloud and the search bar will be closer and the viewer doesn't have to scroll.

thanks for the feedback. That actually works much better. :)
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    bachamp wrote: »
    Mine is now live.

How did you get the slideshow to stretch?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
    edited August 11, 2013

Great site and more importantly, excellent photography. Keyword cloud is most interesting. I must work on that.
    Thanks!
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
    edited August 11, 2013

David, a very clean, nicely presented site. Your shoot with Juliet is priceless. Great rapport and lots of humour (humor) :)
    Best.
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    David, a very clean, nicely presented site. Your shoot with Juliet is priceless. Great rapport and lots of humour (humor) :)
    Best.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm proud to say that my model Juliet is my daughter :)
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • bachampbachamp Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    How did you get the slideshow to stretch?

Took me a white to work out, but you need to make your images available in a bigger size, I'm now on 3X large. It will only stretch to the biggest size you have available.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 11, 2013
    Overall your site looks good. I did see two possible improvements though:
    • you link to your blog in your navbar but your blog doesn't appear to link back to your smug site
    • did you know that you can remove the smug footer? You've removed the smug header but not the footer. Why not remove both?
    --- Denise
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 11, 2013
    ...please let me know how I can improve my site.
    http://creidtaylor.smugmug.com/
    I was a bit surprised to see that you have removed your site header on all pages except for your home page. Do you not want your viewers to immediately associate the photos with your name?

Your header is a bit tall for every page but you could create a smaller header for the other pages.

--- Denise
    edited August 11, 2013
    I was a bit surprised to see that you have removed your site header on all pages except for your home page. Do you not want your viewers to immediately associate the photos with your name?

Your header is a bit tall for every page but you could create a smaller header for the other pages.

--- Denise

Thanks for the observation. I've been wondering about that, and haven't gotten around to trying a smaller header... I will!
    edited August 11, 2013
    Thanks for the observation. I've been wondering about that, and haven't gotten around to trying a smaller header... I will!

I've also changed from a homepage slideshow to a 12 image gallery. After looking at so many pages with slideshows I realized it may be better without, thoughts?

Cheers
  • digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    kgphotos wrote: »

Thank you.

Thanks!! For the slideshow on my homepage I first created a gallery that I wanted my images to play in the slideshow, once your in the design part of your website select homepage and just drag&drop the a slideshow button where you want then in the settings select the gallery you made.
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    edited August 11, 2013
    Ann McRae wrote: »
    I'm close enough that I clicked unveil!

http://www.windermerestudios.ca/
    Nice site Ann. Here's a nifty bit of script that will prevent heads being too high in your thumbnails. Good to bookmark Nicholas' really helpful customizing site, if you wish. (link) http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Avoid-cutting-off-heads
    Best,
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
  • Lost RiderLost Rider Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 11, 2013
    Loving the new SM!
    Here's a link to my site, you'll have to Enter the site then click on "images" to get to the SM section of it.
    I really like how easy it was to combine my SM with my full site, hopefully making it easier for folks interested in my stuff to be able to navigate around.
    i'm having some trouble with smart galleries putting photos in them that don't have the keywords for the smart gallery rules, namely in my "not moto-photo" gallery, still trying to figure that one out.
    Any suggestions on my SM site overall are welcome.

http://www.lostrider.com