Options

Menu problems

W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
edited August 10, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I've migrated and unveiled on the Turbo theme. I've noticed that, having set my menu alignment to 'centered', this setting applies correctly to the first level menu but not to the flyouts. There don't seem to be other alignment settings for other menu levels. This appears to be a bug.

My bigger problem, however, is that my flyout menu can extend off the screen for users who have smaller (but typically-sized) screens. These users cannot access the offscreen menu options (above and below the visible menu). I could be forced to reduce my second- and subsequent-level menus to just a few options, but this is impractical and defeats the purpose. In addition, I cannot know the screen size for any visitor. The flyout function doesn't appear to even try to fit the flyout on the screen, but will push it off the top even (for example) when there is room beneath. Shouldn't the flyout menus scroll if necessary?

Comments and advice very welcome, please!

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    On legacy a class could of been assigned to the right side main button flyouts and so they came
    out to the left of the drop and not fall outside the page.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2013
    I had no problem on my legacy site with the same menu structure, content, and look and feel! eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2013
    I had no problem on my legacy site with the same menu structure, content, and look and feel! eek7.gif
    This in "entire site" CSS should decrease the flyout height.
    .yui3-menu-item>.yui3-menu-label {
      padding: [COLOR="Red"]1px[/COLOR] 46px [COLOR="Red"]1px [/COLOR]22px;
      border-width: 0 0 1px;
      border-style: solid;
    }

Mainly it's the top/bottom padding.
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2013
    Thanks Allen, I've implemented that and it will certainly minimise occurrences of the problem - albeit in a less pleasing way than if the sub-menu would scroll if necessary and/or, better still, did not extend either fully up or fully down from the flyout point but extended intelligently across the height of the window.

Do you have thoughts on the alignment problem? Is there a CSS solution that will carry over the alignment at one level into subsequent levels? Or should I wait for SmugMug to fix this?
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2013
    I don't have a clue with the new code.
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I don't have a clue with the new code.

thumb.gif