Options

Gorill pod magnetic

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited August 10, 2013 in Accessories
Hi all,
for those having gorilla pod magnetic for their cell phone, or their point and shoot camera.
Did you have the problem that the camera gets always a bit unscrewed and it then just flips around very easily? I found this to be very annoying...
daz.gif

Any ideas?

Regards
Alex

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,806 moderator
    edited August 10, 2013
    It sounds like you may have the GorillaPod Magnetic Flexible Tripod with the GripTight Mount. If the GripTight Mount is loosening from the tripod too easily I suggest either of the following two corrective measures:

1) Find a rubber or cork washer to fit between the tripod and the GripTight Mount.
    2) Use some Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 to form a better bond between the tripod and the GripTight Mount, but still removable.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Hi
    thanks for the answer. You know a lot and I do not know a single thing.

0) what other mounts are for the magnetic gorilla pod?

1) I am not sure where I should attach this item. I will go to a hardware store and see what I can do

2) I should put that glue not of course at the camera but to the screw part of the tripod if I understand it right.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,806 moderator
    edited August 10, 2013
    alaios wrote: »
    0) what other mounts are for the magnetic gorilla pod? ...

I still am not sure what you have. If you Google for "GorillaPod Magnetic Flexible Tripod" and then for "Joby GripTight Mount" you will see what I believe that you might have.

Sharing a photo of your setup is another good way for us to know what you have.
    ... 1) I am not sure where I should attach this item. I will go to a hardware store and see what I can do ...

If you take your setup, the camera and tripod and (if applicable) Joby GripTight Mount to the hardware store, they may be better able to help you especially if you demonstrate the problem.
    ... 2) I should put that glue not of course at the camera but to the screw part of the tripod if I understand it right.

If you have the Joby GripTight Mount for your cell phone, then you would fit the rubber or cork washer between the "... tripod and the GripTight Mount." as I mentioned previously.

(The Joby GripTight Mount is a common accessory for those with a "GorillaPod Magnetic Flexible Tripod" and a smart/cell phone, because many smart/cell phones lack a 1/4" mounting hole for tripod use.)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums