Options

drag & drop not working in some environments (new smug)

denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
edited August 10, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I know SmugMug is aware of this problem but I'm adding a bug report in the hopes that other folks can help identify the problem environments. Based on questions in the forums there are others experiencing this problem too.

If you are unable to use drag&drop please add your environment to this post.

I am running Windows 8.
I am able to drag & drop to create pages and drag & drop within the organizer only if I am using IE.
Drag & drop does not work for me in Firefox or Chrome.
I am using the latest release of all three browsers.

--- Denise

Comments

• Options
    LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2013
    I can use drag and drop (although its incredibly clumsy compared to the previous interface where you could highlight photos and move them with the cursor keys) in both IE and Chrome but the photos are not in the same order in Organizer as they are in the Gallery anyway and have been shifted out of sequence.
  • Options
    nicoyanicoya Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 9, 2013
    I am glad I am not alone on this. this is so weird I use chrome in my window 7 at work and my drag and drop works fine but I home same windows 7 with chrome also it will not work. I hope they fix it soon!
  • Options
    LinhLinh Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Having this issue as well. Haven't tried the organizer, but in customizing the site, I cannot drag and drop anything in some browsers. Running Windows 7 64bit. A Radeon 7850 and Spyder 3 are the only real add-ons (all I can think is somehow drivers...).

IE10: can drag and drop, but a lot of pop up windows are foobar.
    FF (latest stable): No drag and drop
    Chrome (latest stable): No drag and drop.
    vote on the following smugmug feedback:
    CSS Block To Flow Down To Children Folders/Pages/Galleries
    [URL="http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug/suggestions/1104583-a-bulk-
    gallery-download-button-for-my-visitors"]bulk download option for clients[/URL]