Options

change in contact photo

gbeargbear Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited August 11, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Is there a way to either eliminate the photo of the antique mustache fellow on the contact me form in the new SM - or replace it with another photo ? Actually I would prefer not to have a photo at all. Thanks a lot if you know how. Gbear

Comments

• Options
    JumpingJackJumpingJack Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    I asked the same question today, and got a great response. You need to choose a profile photo. Click on your user name > Profile. You'll see where you can choose a profile photo. That one will then replace Mustache Guy.
  • Options
    gbeargbear Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    Incidentally - that means you can choose any photo in a gallery. Personally I do not feel in my particular business (retouching, not photography as such) that an image of me adds anything. In fact I prefer the simplest possible site. So, for me, I choose a "profile" image which is a sample of my work which I like - and this is what shows instead of the mustache guy.

In fact you have a TON of choices, because you can use a photograph of a text message of some sort - that should work, too. Lots of flexible possibilities if you don't care what you use for a photo. Or a photo of a black space. Really, most anything - again if you don't mind it being your profile image.

I did not really mind the mustache guy as much as the antique camera - in fact it looks more like a drawing. I suspect when SmugMug gets caught up with the backlog they have now they might put up some choices. But they are swamped right now.