Options

cropping thumbnails for featured photos

hf10002hf10002 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 11, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
If I crop my 1x1 thumbnails using the "organise" tool, it accepts my crops and correctly shows them when I view thumbnails within a gallery.

However, it doesn't remember these crops when the same images are viewed as thumbnails elsewhere on the site. E.g. where thumbnails of featured images are shown to identify individual galleries or subfolders within a folder, it does not use my cropping of those images. Instead it seems to have re-cropped those images on a standard centre crop.

How do I get it to use my crop for all thumbnail views of that image, not just the view within the gallery?

Comments

• Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    I notice the same thing. This is the reply I received from the support staff, over a wee ago:
    There is not a way to set something other than an automatic crop for this type of display at this time. Hopefully this can be improved upon in the future.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    hf10002 wrote: »
    If I crop my 1x1 thumbnails using the "organise" tool, it accepts my crops and correctly shows them when I view thumbnails within a gallery.

However, it doesn't remember these crops when the same images are viewed as thumbnails elsewhere on the site. E.g. where thumbnails of featured images are shown to identify individual galleries or subfolders within a folder, it does not use my cropping of those images. Instead it seems to have re-cropped those images on a standard centre crop.

How do I get it to use my crop for all thumbnail views of that image, not just the view within the gallery?

Feature request logged here: Featured Gallery Thumbs/Images
    http://www.janicebrowne.com - Janice Browne Nature Art & Photography