Options

Keywords not showing

uketeeceeuketeecee Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited August 12, 2013 in SmugMug Support
I have unveiled my Pro account and am trying to get my new SM site back up and running.
My keywords here: http://ukulelearchive.smugmug.com/keyword

If you check my keywords (link above) you can see there are a few keywords displayed. All of these have been added AFTER the unveiling.
All keywords added from before the unveiling are not showing. There are hundreds of keywords compiled over the years.
I can see keywords under each photo individually, but not in the keyword list and if I search for them zero results are returned.

What am I doing wrong? It feels as if I need to re-index my keywords, but how?

Comments

• Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    Hi there, it can take some time for the keywords to be reindexed. Please recheck tomorrow and let me know how it looks ;)
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    It's now 48 hours later and the good news is that some indexing seems to have taken place.
    205 keywords are now displayed when logged in as Admin or logged in as guest.

The bad news is that my keywords are still not working properly.
    1. I have hundreds of keywords and only 205 are showing. Why?
    2. The keyword list I see as a guest and the keyword list I see as Admin as not identical. Similar but different. Why is that?
    3. When logged in as a guest and clicking a keyword, it often shows a blank page 'Gallery Is Empty'. When logged in as Admin this step works fine. What's happening?

My site is password protected, no photos are password protected and only one small gallery is private.

Terry (Unveiled Pro User)
  • Options
    ande8150ande8150 Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    I am in the same boat. Initiallly my keyword page returned a portion of the images that were tagged with each keyword, but now it is not returning any photos at all for guests who are logged in, even though the keyword list shows up. Have emailed support and haven't had a reasonable answer.

Seems to be something wrong accress multiple sites .
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    ande8150 wrote: »
    ... for guests who are logged in....
    How are guests logging in?
    Is this by entering a password to view a folder or gallery? Keywords in unlisted and/or passworded galleries have never shown to
    the public. You can only see them as site owner when logged in.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    ande8150ande8150 Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    Same as the OP - I have a site wide PW, not individual gallery passwords.

This worked in original SM.
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    In order to appreciate this problem in the new SM you need to have unveiled your site. There isn't a way to test this without unveiling.
    Let's hope the re-indexing eliminates this and other issues.
  • Options
    kenn3dkenn3d Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    FWIW...

The keywording issues (and several others we've noticed) seem to be moving targets right now, with various fixes apparently affecting the New and Legacy sites differently, and with both versions in a state of flux.

At first our New Preview site had no keywords at all, but now all the old keywords (except the numeric ones) are back, and keywords are appearing almost immediately with any newly keyworded image uploaded. Unfortunately these newly uploaded image keywords are ineffective. When you click them the site filters for all images previously so keyworded, but does not include any of the newly uploaded keyworded photos.

The Legacy site is no longer showing any keywords for images uploaded since the New release date (even several days after uploading), but all the previously indexed images still function as expected, including the numeric ones.

One might expect (or hope) that simply choosing the SmugMug Gallery Style on a site-wide basis would convert minimally configured templates (such as ours) from the Legacy side to the New side without breaking or significant loss of functionality. This simply isn't so.

We have not unveiled and certainly will not do so until our Legacy site breaks or goes away completely. Attempting to sort out our New site Preview continues to be a confusing frustration.

UghMug,

Kenn
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    kenn3d wrote: »
    ... but now all the old keywords (except the numeric ones) are back....
    Not quite, there is a limit of 1000 on the new site. I have one legacy keyword with 2366 but only a 1000
    shows on the keyword page and in search. So any keyword quantity over a 1000 you lose, 1366 in my
    case. What really gripes me is that Smugmug is selecting what to use not me.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    Have you unveiled yet, Allen?
    If you have, you may see (as I do) that keywords, as seen by your visitors when clicked, display 'Gallery Is Empty'.