Options

Girl at the Beach

kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,276 Major grins
edited August 11, 2013 in People
Any comments on posing, etc. is appreciated. Thanks!
i-943MHqD-L.jpg

i-WndRNXj-L.jpg

i-RfggVvv-L.jpg

i-QRGhWLD-L.jpg

i-DkDG8Gh-L.jpg
Kate
www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Hi KDOTaylor,

It's not always easy to judge somebodies work as we all have a different style and taste. Anyhow I will give you my view for what it is worth. In each case you did a good job

1. Typical pose with the show leg in the front. I probably would have paid some attention to the parts of the bikini that are sticking out in the back and have here a little less tense. Notice the little skin roll under need the bikini strap ? I would avoid this (although its a natural thing when you lean back). Either by turning the model or correct it afterwards in CC with liquify. Most likely a little turn CCW would have worked just fine and avoided both little issue.
    I would not mind to have a bit more contrast and vivid colors. After all its a beach shot.

2. Nice shot, but since you asked me for comments here it is.
    The fact that the bikini is partial wet is not very pleasing the view, especially that it is under the arm pits and one could confuse it with sweat. So either make it all dry or all wet. In this case I would have gone for an all wet top as it brings the color more vivid. Secondly the body appears to be a bit massive, that is an optical effect and has nothing to see with the model as such. Just in case this would be wrongly understood. Try next time to move the body a bit backwards so that the head is close to the camera.
    Color and light is really good.

3. Very well done, did you try this pose just after the surf area (where the water turns kind of white).

4. Very well done, maybe a bit more contrast and colors. And hmmm how shall I say , try to lift the breast a bit as it now less supported by the wet bikini. You can also work on that with liquify

5. Nice headshot, but I would avoid the bikini in-look

So, that is it . And again those are my views.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    AlTheKillerAlTheKiller Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    I would have liked to see you get down lower with the model. I feel as though I am looking down at her as if youre standing straight up in all the shots. I know for the last one that is what you were going for so that comment is more about the previous ones. Id also love to see more of the water like in the first image. Maybe have her in the water, closer to the water, or have her back towards it so that there is some in the back ground. I like the second the most out of the series but her left hand holding her up seems a bit stiff or something. These are still good photos but I can see some improvements. Give it another go sometime and I bet youll surprise yourself with what you can do :)
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    I would have liked to see you get down lower with the model....

Couldn't agree more - especially in this sort of environment / setting :)

pp
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,276 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    Wow, amazing. I did not see any of that until it was pointed out in your comments! Thank you!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain