Options

Dropdown menu choice

kor65kor65 Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited August 11, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I want to create dropdown menu to some of my existing galleries but am not sure what to choose. Should I select gallery, page or folder?
I already did created one dropdown menu but these subfolders/galleries are showing at the bottom of my GALLERY page... why?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 9, 2013
    Can someone help me to understand this issue, please.
  • Options
    jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    kor65 wrote: »
    Can someone help me to understand this issue, please.

You seem to have it working on your video link. You link it to whatever you want to link it to. Gallery, Page, or Folder. Could you try and phrase your question differently. I am not sure exactly what you are asking.
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    I got mine worked out once I started selecting "page" and then selecting the correct item.
    Once you create the page link, it appears at the bottom of the list - you can then drag it to the desired order and if it is to be a sub-menu item drag it a little bit to the right and it will "stick" in an indented position.
    Using this method, I created a three level deep menu.
    Good luck
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    mrfizzedmrfizzed Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    @aceCo55 I am confused...can you explain how to add levels etc and how to order drop downs?
  • Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Go to your links block in customize and for the link you want to have a drop-down switch on the 'include folder contents' The default is it's switched off. That will give you the drop. Like my 'images' http://www.macromeister.co.uk/
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    mrfizzed wrote: »
    @aceCo55 I am confused...can you explain how to add levels etc and how to order drop downs?

I have added 3 screen shots (but all together)
    The menu on the left shows the "PLUS" button for adding a new link. Once you click on this you will get a dialogue box ... it's here that I have been choosing "Page" and then navigating to the page/folder or gallery that the link will point to. Once you have done that, the new link is always added to the BOTTOM of the link list.

The menu in the middle shows two parent links (Home and Galleries), plus one child link (Kingston Football) and then three grandchild links (A Grade, B Grade and Senior Colts). In every case, I had to drag the links up from the bottom of the list to put them in these positions.
    Note also that the child link, "Kingston Football" is moved over to the right a little bit - this means it is a sub-menu of "GALLERIES". Also "A Grade", "B Grade" and "Senior Colts" are dragged over just a little bit more - making them sub-menus of the Kingston Football link.

The right hand menu shot shows a submenu of GALLERIES called "Kingston Triathlon". Inside that it shows "Tri Males" and "Tri Females" which are submenus of Kingston Triathlon. Then under the Tri Males there are four further sub menus.

In each case submenus are created when you drag and drop the link a little bit to the right of its parent link.
    Remember if you make say 50 links each one will be created at the BOTTOM of the link list and you will have to drag each one up to the right level and maybe also to the right if they are sub-menu links

Hope that is clear - much easier to do than explain!!!
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    Thank you guys I appreciate. I will try to do the way you showed.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    The biggest pain I find is you have to drag the new link up a long way. Sure wish they had a way to highlight
    the position, click plus, and the new link would be added there. Or be able the select a group of new links
    and drag the group up to new position.

If you already have a group, main plus subs, if moving the main do the subs go with it?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog