Options

gallery points to www.smugmug.com/something

ablichterablichter Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
edited August 11, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I notice that suddenly images in a certain gallery showed no keywords anymore.
Thought there was a problem with embedded keywords delete all and uploaded some again. Took me a while to get that the gallery link now points to http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-T4rt3/

See the link in Organizer. No matter what I do, I can't make it change to nickname.smugmug.com!

Argh!

ps: created some new galleries, which also points to www.smugmug.com -> e.g. http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-sWB2h
pps: Noticed that when the Organizer was started from a www.smugmug.com URL (like from the first gallery above, Organizers URL also change to www.smugmug.com/something
Please get this fixed - SM is not usable anymore.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
    edited August 6, 2013
    Go into the gallery settings and make sure that Hide Owner in the Security & Privacy panel is set to OFF. If it is on it removes all traces of your customization and your URL, replacing the URL with www.smugmug.com.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    Go into the gallery settings and make sure that Hide Owner in the Security & Privacy panel is set to OFF. If it is on it removes all traces of your customization and your URL, replacing the URL with www.smugmug.com.

--- Denise
    Thanks a lot Denise,
    my bad (in a way)
    It first happen after I removed the trailing "-1" from Custom URL, which came in by unveiling.

Also didn't get why there are no keywords anymore, respectively why I can't see/edit them anymore, when "Hide Owner" is set. Are the at least still searchable? Guess not.
    Feature or bug?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
    edited August 7, 2013
    ablichter wrote: »
    Also didn't get why there are no keywords anymore, respectively why I can't see/edit them anymore, when "Hide Owner" is set. Are the at least still searchable? Guess not.
    Feature or bug?
    Feature. If you say you want to remove all traces of your ownership that means everything.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2013
    Feature. If you say you want to remove all traces of your ownership that means everything.

--- Denise
    Thanks.
    Not that I would agree to that. Keywords are descriptive attributes like Caption and Title and often say less about an ownership than image content does.
  • Options
    druidstonedruidstone Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited August 11, 2013
    thankyou

--- Denise

thanks so much this solved my problem ... my home page menu links were disappearing too! and they are back!