Options

text only pages

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited August 11, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
i have a couple of pages on my site - "about me" and "purchase" that i don't particularly want to put photos on, but i keep seeing this annoying little bugger at the bottom that says either, 'this gallery is empty' or 'upload photos'. how can i make those GO AWAY???
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• Options
    PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    Assuming that you're using the new Smugmug, then try re-creating them as a "Page" instead of as a "Gallery". For the old smugmug, look through the forum for details of how to hide the message.
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    i can create the page, but i can't see it on my homepage to add a text block! what do i have to do to make it appear so i can edit it??? i don't want it in a folder, i want it to be clickable from the links on my home page!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    squirl033 wrote: »
    i can create the page, but i can't see it on my homepage to add a text block! what do i have to do to make it appear so i can edit it??? i don't want it in a folder, i want it to be clickable from the links on my home page!

You should be able to find the page in your organizer, from there you can navigate to the actual page. Once your on the page of your site, just grab the url from the browser and paste it as a link in your nav-bar.
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    J Allen wrote: »
    You should be able to find the page in your organizer, from there you can navigate to the actual page. Once your on the page of your site, just grab the url from the browser and paste it as a link in your nav-bar.

grand idea... except i can't paste anything into my nav bar!! how do i manage that?

i had all this crap set up and working before, and it's a crashing pain in the ass to have to do it all over again with tools that are NOT user friendly unless you know where they're hidden!
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    grand idea... except i can't paste anything into my nav bar!! how do i manage that?

i had all this crap set up and working before, and it's a crashing pain in the ass to have to do it all over again with tools that are NOT user friendly unless you know where they're hidden!

you just have to play with everything for a while and get to know the system. See this tutorial for creating a page, it's very simple.

http://news.smugmug.com/2013/08/05/smug-tip-the-no-hack-custom-page-tutorial/
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013

In customisation go to entire site. Click the wrench on the menu bar. Go to links, click the + and add new link. In the 'link to' select 'page choose' and navigate to where your previously saved page is. Change the title of the link from new link to whatever. That's it.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    thanks!
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night