Options

Customizing the contact me form?

JumpingJackJumpingJack Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited August 11, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Love the new "Contact form" option, but I hate the picture that comes with it (Sorry!). Is there any way I can swap that out for something I took instead? I couldn't find this option anywhere, but there's a good chance I missed it - I am completely overwhelmed with the new site (and not in a good way).

I emailed smugmug for help but naturally, there are no responses since they, too, are overwhelmed (and not in a good way. :) ).

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    jrporcarojrporcaro Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    I would also like to know if anyone has CSS for the theme used in the contact form. It is not using my color theme so it looks different than the rest of my site.
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2013
    Yes, that too!
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Love the new "Contact form" option, but I hate the picture that comes with it (Sorry!). Is there any way I can swap that out for something I took instead? I couldn't find this option anywhere, but there's a good chance I missed it - I am completely overwhelmed with the new site (and not in a good way).

I emailed smugmug for help but naturally, there are no responses since they, too, are overwhelmed (and not in a good way. :) ).

Thanks for any help.

In your profile settings, choose the photo you want.
    You don't have to be in the customizer mode.
    Click on your user name > Profile. You'll see where you can choose a profile photo.
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    You can also create a custom contact form from a site such as Wufoo and link to it via the menu content block (site navigation).
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

• Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    Thanks very much! SO it's the profile photo that gets added to the smugmug contact form? And if one isn't selected, then the mustache-guy is the placeholder? Got it. Appreciate the help.
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    thanks!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    Uncle BumUncle Bum Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    Contact Me and Guest Book Pages
    I just created a 'contact me' page (e-mail). I also have a 'guest book' page. Both are located under ABOUT in my navigation bar.

I am confused by some of the comments I have read in various threads regarding these pages. Would someone confirm or correct my belief: that (at least for the present time) the 'guest book' page is only functional for a logged in SmugMugger to leave me a comment on my web site? And the 'contact me' page sends an e-mail to me from anyone in the world who happens to stop at my website and wants to send me an e-mail?

I believe I have seen sites with both (mine has both, right now) but I am not sure what the benefit is to have both. Any comments (no joke intended)?

Lastly, would someone leave me a comment and an e-mail as a test for functionality (entering 'test' is more than adequate). Thanks
    Jim
  • Options
    WiscoFrankWiscoFrank Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    Just left a test comment & email.
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    Uncle Bum wrote: »
    I just created a 'contact me' page (e-mail). I also have a 'guest book' page. Both are located under ABOUT in my navigation bar.

I am confused by some of the comments I have read in various threads regarding these pages. Would someone confirm or correct my belief: that (at least for the present time) the 'guest book' page is only functional for a logged in SmugMugger to leave me a comment on my web site? And the 'contact me' page sends an e-mail to me from anyone in the world who happens to stop at my website and wants to send me an e-mail?

I believe I have seen sites with both (mine has both, right now) but I am not sure what the benefit is to have both. Any comments (no joke intended)?

IMO, they are different. Lets say that someone wants to contact you regarding a purchase - this needn't be for everyone to see, thus the "contact me" form.
    But on the other hand, if people would like to write how much they enjoyed your photos - it could be nice to enable others to read their comments.

And yes, as I understood too - in order to leave a comment one must be logged in to FB or SM. That's why I don't have a guestbook - though I have created and customized a guestbook page.
    To contact you, people don't need to be logged in to anything. They fill the form but they do not see you e-mail @ddress.
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    Thanks for the help...
    WiscoFrank and Frank Childress! I received your comments and emails. So, I'm functional! What a concept. Now, am I redundant?
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    Einat:
    Thanks for your comment. I see your point and I agree with its logic. How come you chose to not have a comments page?
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    Uncle Bum wrote: »
    Thanks for your comment. I see your point and I agree with its logic. How come you chose to not have a comments page?

Because myself, I absolutely hate having to register \ log in to anything when I want to leave comments anywhere. So until they change their minds and fix this, I'll pass.

I do, however, have the option of leaving remarks for photos. For one thing, I'm not sure I remember where I turn this off - though I think it is possible. The other thing is that when it's there under the photos, it's different than when someone notices a link to a guestbook, takes the trouble of moving his mouse all the way up there and spending the energy needed to click it - only to find that he should have been logged in to something that he might not be registered to.