Options

Site Meta Title info not being used???

RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
edited August 11, 2013 in Bug Reporting
In my account settings under SEO SETTINGS there is a field called Site Meta Title, it says that the information in the Site Meta Title will be seen in the Browser title and in bookmarks, I filled this in with Digital Images by Ron Skinner and this information is NOT showing up in my browser title, instead it is using my nickname RonSkinner. How do I set it up to use the information in the Site Meta Title field?

Thanks,
Ron

Comments

• Options
    Zoomer911Zoomer911 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2013
    You might want to know that Smug Mug is adding Meta Data description info to your new site without your knowledge
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237426
  • Options
    David AshDavid Ash Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    For the record, I am seeing the same issue. Browser tabs are showing my SM nickname, not the Site Meta Title.
    David
  • Options
    RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    Got this fixed, do this...

On your site, Click on your name in the top right corner
    Click on Profile
    Under "Site Name" Type in what you want it to say
    Save your changes

Now your site name will show up in the browser
  • Options
    David AshDavid Ash Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2013
    Brilliant. Thank you!
    David
  • Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    The SmugMug Logo showing at top of Browser window
    My Browser Name area y'all are talking about does use the Profile site name "Southeastern Photography". Actually, it is putting in the Folder name, too. Example: when in a History Folder, it says "History - Southeastern Photography". When I am down to the gallery level, it tries putting in the gallery name which might be long; so you get a part of the gallery name showing up there. This is not an issue for me really.

What IS an issue is that in front of whatever is showing is the little SmugMug LOGO!!!! I want that gone. Anyone know how to stop that?

On the other hand, having just "Southeastern Photography" listed there ALL the time would be nicer, now that I think about it.
  • Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    Actually, when at a gallery level, the SmugMug logo is replaced by something that looks like a "page" sheet. Anyway, this is what I see in Preview, not live mode.

Hmmm, if you go to your name (upper right) in Preview, select Account, and then Discovery and then Search, there is an item called Site Meta Title. Description says "Shown in the browser title and in bookmarks". I make changes there and SAVE and it makes no difference at all. Tried putting in several different things and none show up in the Browser title. Went to profile and deleted both Site Name and My Name. Browser window title now has my name in it (don't know where it is coming from). It still does not use the Site Meta Title from the Account area.

ANOTHER EDIT: The SmugMug logo is in the browser title in the Legacy System, too. To me this is a Branding issue and an "advertisement".