Options

Textured Background

imnxcguyimnxcguy Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited August 12, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
After much futzing with my site, I've finally got it close to where I want (www.macbethgraphics.smugmug.com). Thanks to all who have suffered with me and attempted to answer questions.

At one point, I had a textured background to the entire site (Wood) by going to Customize > Entire Site > Theme > Textures > Wood. But then I couldn't figure out how to make any changes to that theme. So I switched to a theme that I had worked on for awhile, with the font type and sizes I wanted. But I can't get a textured background into that theme.

Is this possible to do, and how?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments

• Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    Guess nobody knows how to do this, right? Zero response?
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    Try going into the Background tab of your Theme settings to see if you have a spot to pick a background image... If you don't, or that doesn't work, it's just a little CSS to make it happen. Post up if the Background tab doesn't work out for you or if you have trouble finding it.

Thanks,

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    Thanks Andy. Yes, I've seen where the THeme setting enables a background image to be picked. But that doesn't explain how to get the existing "Wood" texture background onto my site. I can put one of MY photos as a background, but how do I put one of Smugmug's textures as a background?
  • Options
    WiscoFrankWiscoFrank Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    Yes. Thanks for the link. That works perfectly. Nice to get a correct, concise answer at times.
  • Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    imnxcguy wrote: »
    Yes. Thanks for the link. That works perfectly. Nice to get a correct, concise answer at times.

You can also create your own image in Photoshop and then you can also add text to it etc. Do whatever you want in fact. I did my homepage image that way and made it 2300x2300px, uploaded it to my smugsite file gallery (private) then specified it as the background in my homepage theme.

It's just another way of doing things. You can probably find suitable images online if you don't want to create your own. Just Google 'wood background images' then click the Google tab 'images' and it will give you this Search result Download one at hi-res and use that if it allows you to.

My homepage image is here. I did it in Photoshop with the gradient tool and put the text on for 'use light...' with the text tool and rotated it around. http://www.macromeister.co.uk/
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .