Options

Organizing Featured Folders on Home Page

imnxcguyimnxcguy Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited August 12, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have a set of galleries on my home page which I use as "Featured Galleries" (now that I can't figure out how to do what I used to do in Legacy SM), which are user-definable. But I can't figure out how to organize those to place them in a different order than what they're in. Is this possible to do?
Also, is it possible to have them "auto-size" to fill up the available space/width on the screen?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments

• Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    It's more flexible than it used to be I think. If you go into that Galleries' content block settings you'll see a Display tab, at the very bottom there is a Sort By option, which can be Organizer Position (which of course matches the sort that you set in the Organizer), or one of the other three options if you order in the Organizer isn't what you want here.

Thanks,

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    Thanks Andy,
    I can't find that setting. When I go to Customize > Homepage, under Content it gives me a option for "Galleries," which is what this block is. From there, I see
    Title Alignment: Left
    Select From: Galleries I choose
    Galleries: 5 Galleries
    Layout: Collage Landscape
    Photo Size: Small
    Vary Photo Height :OFF/ON

There's nothing I can find that gives me a Sort Option.

Mark
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    It should show on the Display tab:

Galleries%20Settings%20Display%20Sort%20Order-L.jpg

Hth,

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    Thanks again for the reply so quickly.

For some reason, I'm not seeing that. My settings are different, and I don't know why...

http://macbethgraphics.smugmug.com/photos/i-7jSxPJv/0/S/i-7jSxPJv-S.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    Ah, sorry I missed you are using "Galleries I Select" option. That puts them in the order that you chose them initially, and you are able to re-sort them but it's manual. Here is a thread that describes the process for photos, but I just confirmed it works the same way for Galleries.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1889565&highlight=%22de-select%22#post1889565

Thanks,

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    Thanks Andy,

That's definitely the definition of a "kludge." As it is, it's a somewhat tedious process to change the galleries under the existing option. If I want to NOT choose one of the existing galleries in that group, I have to actually go and FIND that particular gallery again in the hierarchy of folders and de-select it manually. Not a huge deal, but a bit more time-consuming than it really needs to be. Thanks again for the help.

Mark