Options

Impossible to upload to new SM

mscgpmscgp Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited August 12, 2013 in Bug Reporting
I cannot synch hierarchy. I cannot upload. It took two days to install the new SM pluging. LR5 is unable to "click and update". According to LR5 I have published a gallery called Tiger 2 with 191 photos in it 3x, but there is nothing online. When I click synch I get weird error messages, this part repeats: An internal error has occured: (this part varies) ?:0: attempt to concatenate a nil value.

My website is: Cherylpelavin.com
I am on a pc, I have tried using mozilla, chrome and internet explorer. I've been stuck here for 3 days, what is the problem?

Comments

• Options
    OjaOja Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    There were lots of bugs with the smugmug Lightroom plugin, but most of them were fixed. I lost my entire hierarchy indeed with earlier versions and saw lots of errors like what you saw. You should download the most recent plugin and install that manually as earlier versions refused to self update (fromhere: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/121321-lightroom-plugin-update ). After that the sync should work again.

Also be aware that the plugin still does not know how to deal with smart galleries and collected images on your smugmug site. If you use those features and you sync all images you get lots of duplicates in your Lightroom hierarchy that think they are separate images on smugmug. This is potentially destructive, so be aware of this problem.