Options

Where's my "download all" link?

spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
edited August 12, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I keep running into things I use all the time but can't find. Has anyone run across the download all link? The one that makes a zip file out of your gallery?

thanks!
Trish

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,236 moderator
    edited August 10, 2013
    In the organizer if you click on a gallery name a download button is enabled in the navbar.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2013
    thanks!
    In the organizer if you click on a gallery name a download button is enabled in the navbar.

--- Denise
  • Options
    girardimagesgirardimages Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    But there seems to be no way to regenerate that link if you've added new photos and that's exactly what I need to do. How do I get a new link that includes all my photos in the gallerY? When I click on the download button, it just gives me the link from 10 days ago before I added new photos!
    Thanks,

J.Girard
    www.girardimages.com

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    But there seems to be no way to regenerate that link if you've added new photos and that's exactly what I need to do. How do I get a new link that includes all my photos in the gallerY? When I click on the download button, it just gives me the link from 10 days ago before I added new photos!
    I think in the past you had to email the help desk to re-enable the download link if before the current one times out.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    Actually I did this all the time in the old system and you didn't need to contact the help desk. When you requested a subsequent download link after you had made changes to the gallery, you would get a message saying something like: i notice you made changes in this gallery, would you like me to generate you a new download link?

But sometimes the subsequent download link would take a lot longer to get to you than the first link and I would email the help desk if I was in a rush and it hadn't shown up after a few hours.

Trish
    Allen wrote: »
    I think in the past you had to email the help desk to re-enable the download link if before the current one times out.
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    Yup- I did that a lot too, Trish. I never needed to contact them before. I did contact them last night and haven't heard back. Argh! Client getting upset. :-( I can try Dropbox this evening but that's not ideal, since I have to export all my photos out of Aperture first and then do that. Grrr.
    Thanks,

J.Girard
    www.girardimages.com

• Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    OK just wanted to provide an update/workaround. I still think the issue needs to be resolved about regenerating links, but since customer support isn't getting back to me, I just created a new gallery and made it 'smart' and had it pull in all the photos from the original gallery that i needed an updated link for. And then I just created a download link for this new gallery. That is not an efficient workaround though. Hope this will be resolved soon!
    Thanks,

J.Girard
    www.girardimages.com