Options

Sort Gallery Question

chartist10chartist10 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited August 12, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have elected to show all of my galleries on my home page. To do this, you add a gallery box and load the area with galleries you select (up to 48 per area). After the gallery area is populated, I would like to sort them in the order I want. This was very easy in the old smugmug, however, I don't see this option in the new. Thanks in advance for help.

Comments

• Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    chartist10 wrote: »
    I have elected to show all of my galleries on my home page. To do this, you add a gallery box and load the area with galleries you select (up to 48 per area). After the gallery area is populated, I would like to sort them in the order I want. This was very easy in the old smugmug, however, I don't see this option in the new. Thanks in advance for help.

Go to organise site and select your image folder. You will have sort options on the top bar. When page shows they should be in new order.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    Here is my site: www.craigwestonphotography.com (pw=mercer)

I want to show all the galleries so you will see i've created 2 gallery areas (each gallery area max's out at 48 galleries). The galleries are not in the order i want. So i did what you said and it rearranged the galleries. However, when I went to repopulate the galleries on my home page, it reverted to a gallery area that was not rearranged. Why can't they simply have a "arrange" option at the bottom of the galleries just like on the old site?
  • Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    Here is my site: www.craigwestonphotography.com (pw=mercer)

I want to show all the galleries so you will see i've created 2 gallery areas (each gallery area max's out at 48 galleries). The galleries are not in the order i want. So i did what you said and it rearranged the galleries. However, when I went to repopulate the galleries on my home page, it reverted to a gallery area that was not rearranged. Why can't they simply have a "arrange" option at the bottom of the galleries just like on the old site?

Can't get in. Need password.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    mercer
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    New Smugmug: Need a better way to sort galleries in the "Galleries I Choose" option

In a gallery content block, when the "Select From" option is set to "Galleries I Choose", the only sorting option is the order in which the galleries are chosen. If you find later that you want to add a gallery or change the order of those displaying, you have to go back in and choose all the galleries over again and be sure you are choosing them in the right order. It would be nice to be able to have a sort option available.

votes
    Vote
    SarahSarah shared this idea · Aug 1, 2013 · Flag idea as inappropriate…

9 comments

Add a comment…

Your email addressor sign in withfacebookgoogle
    Post comment
    James MacDonaldJames MacDonald commented · August 12, 2013 8:44 a.m. · Flag as inappropriate
    I agree with all comments, the 48 item limit, and the sorting and choosing needs to be improved.

Danny BerryDanny Berry commented · August 5, 2013 8:07 p.m. · Flag as inappropriate
    I'm another who would love to see this ability to sort.

denise.goldbergdenise.goldberg commented · August 5, 2013 8:02 p.m. · Flag as inappropriate
    I'd like to see this too.

JeffJeff commented · August 5, 2013 11:57 a.m. · Flag as inappropriate
    Same sort of sorting ability is required on the home page when you select multiple photos in a thumbnail grid. Hopefully this will be added soon.

bugacctbugacct commented · August 4, 2013 4:45 a.m. · Flag as inappropriate
    I like to be able to change the front gallery options often depending on what I recently posted. It takes a long time (and some record keeping) to do this if I have to reselect every time I want to make a small change.

Danilo HeggDanilo Hegg commented · August 3, 2013 3:09 p.m. · Flag as inappropriate
    Agreed!
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,243 moderator
    edited August 12, 2013
    New Smugmug: Need a better way to sort galleries in the "Galleries I Choose" option
    This has been recorded in the SmugMug Feature Request forum - ability to change order of galleries in multiple galleries page element.

--- Denise