Options

Question on downloads

MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
edited August 13, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
If I want to get a download link to an entire gallery for a client, all I do is push the little arrow at the top of the gallery when looking at the full gallery in the organize site area right?
Thanks!
Michelle

Comments

• Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    MRudland wrote: »
    If I want to get a download link to an entire gallery for a client, all I do is push the little arrow at the top of the gallery when looking at the full gallery in the organize site area right?
    Thanks!
    Michelle

Unfortunately, as best I know, SM does not permit you to allow a client to do a download of a gallery, only image by image (i'm assuming you mean free not paid digital downloads, of which I know nothing).

The owner can get it, not visitors.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    In the lagacy, we used to be able to go under gallery settings and click a button to get a link to a created zipfile for an entire file to download. That link would be e-mailed to us when it was ready. Is that still possible?
  • Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    MRudland wrote: »
    In the lagacy, we used to be able to go under gallery settings and click a button to get a link to a created zipfile for an entire file to download. That link would be e-mailed to us when it was ready. Is that still possible?

Yes. I was thrown by "for a client".

There may be other places, but I found it under Organize, select the gallery on the left (NOT on the right) where the images are shown, and pull down the download button at the top of the screen, you'll get an option for "Download Gallery".
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    I am confident that the Arrow in your initial post is the same functionality as was available in the Legacy system and suggest you give it a shot! This thread talks about it too... http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=228374&highlight=download+arrow

Andy
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    Thank you. There is just so much information here, sometimes it's hard to find one thing through everything else! Laughing.gif