Options

custom/personal gallery style templates

leronelerone Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited August 13, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
current situation:
there is only the option to set gallery stlyes for *either* "entire site" OR "just this gallery".

what it means/the problem:
in case you are using the great ways to customize in different ways (like for portfolio pages, personal archive, shared private galleries) with *different standard styles*, you are thrown back to do all but the "entire site"-style *each time anew and by hand*. while there is so much power in customization, the current system forces customers to redo every gallery layout they painstakingly built, with the sole exception of the one global gallery style.

example of the problem:
what if you set up a gallery style (different from global/entire site), populate it with the text/title-content blocks (which btw are just great!), but reuse them in a different gallery with different actual text-content?!

wanted/request:
some way to save customizations made in a gallery style template for *re-use*!

Comments

• Options
    kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    I'd love to say that I want the customisations on the current folder to apply to all lower-level sub-folders, galleries and pages. It would enable you to create a style for whole branches or arms of your site hierarchy.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    kimbomac wrote: »
    I'd love to say that I want the customisations on the current folder to apply to all lower-level sub-folders, galleries and pages. It would enable you to create a style for whole branches or arms of your site hierarchy.
    +1 here

example: different banners for folders to flow down.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    billwbillw Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    lerone wrote: »
    wanted/request:
    some way to save customizations made in a gallery style template for *re-use*!

+1
    Example, different copyright notices, placed in the gallery footer, for "public" photos versus "family" photos.