Options

navbar issues...

mrfizzedmrfizzed Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
edited August 13, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
what do i want to do to have my new navbar have a gallery button? i added gallery to the new navbar and tried two different ways of having it "point" to my "Galleries" but neiter worked.

in my organize on the new smugmug i have my galleries there with many subfolders, etc but whether i choose the
"customize" then, click settings for the navbar with the wrench and click links, then click the "galleries" button i added i tried the "custom url" and had it point to http://www.reflectivephotoworks.com/galleries which didnt work.

i then tried the "page I choose" method and clicked galleries when prompted but that didnt work either.

Please help, this NEW SMUGMUG is driving me nuts!!!

Comments

• Options
    mrfizzedmrfizzed Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    ok so here is where I am at...
    i have my navbar somewhat the way i like it...look atthe attached screenshot though....why does the "sports" unlisted show up for example? how do i get the "unlisted" to not be there?

Also, the drop down is ok, except for one major major issue....when i drop my mouse down and click on any of the gallery names (weddings, mitzvahs etc) it brings me only to my weddings folder. why?
  • Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Regarding your opening post.. I have exactly the same situation, trying to get my sub-folders to show. I even followed the webinar video from Aug. 02.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts8JNosH21k&list=PLPoJs6FwS4HVUAoTcchIb5qJIV5Bf8cV6

At the approx. 1:07:00 mark - where he made his gallery "Weddings" (with subfolders), I even included "Include Folder Contents" just like he did (to create the fold-outs), just to see...
    Whether I turned on "Include Folder Contents" or not, selecting those sub-folders via navbar did not work.

I even tried creating the links separately and linking them to their respective folders. ne_nau.gif

Actual pages like "About", "Contact" and "Guestbook" work just fine. They're just single pages. I'm having a bit of a time with getting into the sub-folders. I want it just like how my legacy site is. Click on the folder, get into the sub-folder, etc.

I replayed that above section of the video so many times. How some his "Weddings" multi sub-directories worked, but mind did not? What did I miss? headscratch.gif

I played that section of the video webinar so many times...

I searched all over and with so many threads now, my search results got cluttered and I cannot find what I want here.
    pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser
  • Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    The sports unlisted shows up because you are logged on to do customisation. You have authority to see unlisted items. If I looked at your site, I would not see the unlisted items.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    mrfizzed wrote: »
    Also, the drop down is ok, except for one major major issue....when i drop my mouse down and click on any of the gallery names (weddings, mitzvahs etc) it brings me only to my weddings folder. why?

You probably have your gallery structure screwed up in organise site. You should have a folder for your images, and all the galleries should be listed underneath. Are they?

here is mine, and if you look at the link on my site it's the same order.

i-s4R3cNK-XL.jpg
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    I logged out of my account --(leaving it as it was, all galleries organized in to their subfolders, etc.).
    About 1/2 hour later I log back in to continue, and the block of folders I had dragged onto the page, work now. Dunno why, but it works. Never changed a thing. Crazy. headscratch.gifne_nau.gif
    pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser
  • Options
    avmanavman Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    pmbpro wrote: »
    I logged out of my account --(leaving it as it was, all galleries organized in to their subfolders, etc.).
    About 1/2 hour later I log back in to continue, and the block of folders I had dragged onto the page, work now. Dunno why, but it works. Never changed a thing. Crazy. headscratch.gifne_nau.gif
    Not really. I have discovered that many custom changes do not show up until you close the particular area you are customizing. For instance - when organizing folders, changes don't show up until you click done and basically "log out" of that customization area. Once you reopen the organize folder, your changes have been implemented....
    I really don't have anything nifty to say so I will remain quiet and observe!

Tom

http://avman.smugmug.com/