Options

Setting site viewing password hides multiple photos

tovatova Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited August 13, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi,

I am new to the Smugmug family since couple of days. I really love the service. However, I am failing to customize my site.

I have chosen the Smokey design theme which among other things contains a multiple photos block. I would like all galleries and their content to be accessible to my family and friends only.

After I set the site viewing password, my family and friends can login and browse all photos but the homepage does not show any (recent uploaded) photos in the multiple photos block. If I reset the password everything is fine (except that the site is wide open).

Would appreciate if someone could bring some light on this matter.

Thanks
Tova

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    I think this is probably caused by the resolution to another passwords bug I reported to the team. I've passed your post on to them now, so hopefully they can get that side-effect fixed :)
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    Recent photos are based on search indexing, which is a little behind right now, so it's most likely because of that
  • Options
    SanchSanch Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 13, 2013
    I am in exactly the same boat as you tova.

Recent photos and popular photos (in either a multiple photo block or a slideshow) work perfectly fine until I add a sitewide password and then they show no photos at all. The photos are gone whether I am logged in or not and the problem occurs on all browsers.

If I remove the sitewide password the recent and popular photos all instantly show up so I doubt its an indexing issue. Those blocks simply do not function when a sitewide password is applied. I've logged out, cleared cache, refreshed, re-entered password etc etc... photos still do not show up.

Recent photos worked fine on my legacy site which had a sitewide password.

This is a major issue. I have contacted SM and am awaiting response.