Options

Support Communities

johnlogukjohnloguk Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
edited August 14, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
For many of us the Communities were the deciding factor when choosing Smugmug, it is very disappointing to see that they are not supported in the new layout.

Comments

• Options
    johnlogukjohnloguk Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2013
    OK so many of us have been comparing notes over this. I notice that Smug have not responded to this thread yet, but they have responded to many personal emails and other threads about it elsewhere, and I am just confused.

I got a personal reply that, and I paraphrase slightly, "only a small minority of people were involved in communities, so we had to ask ourselves whether or not it was worth wasting valuable time and resources on something that only a few people would use". I dispute whether it was/is only a small minority of Smuggies who use communities, but that is by the by, this response is clearly saying that Smumug have taken a business decision and won't support communities in the future.

However, Smug have also replied to many other people along the lines, and again I paraphrase slightly, "don't worry, no need to panic, we simply didn't have enough time to roll out all the wonderful features in the new layouts at the same time. Watch this space, many of your favourite features will be incorporated into the new Smug when we have ironed out the few bugs in the system".

So which is the truth? Are communities gone forever, are the placating PR replies just to keep enough of us hanging on a bit longer, maybe get us past our next renewal dates, or keep us long enough to sway us with the new all singing all dancing sexy new layouts? Or will the new layout be supporting communities some time soon once the bugs are sorted?