Options

Best way to organize with only 3 teirs?

DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
edited November 1, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
I'm trying to figure out the best way to organize my Smugmug page. Here are my 2 choices.

Sport -> Year -> Meet

like this.

Track and Field -> 2004-2005 Season -> Home Meet

Sport (either current or archive for year) -> Meet -> Event

Track and Field '05-'06 -> Team Picture Day -> Toni

Any suggestions on which way is better? I will be taking way too many pictures at each meet, I want to be able to make the navigation easier. If someone wants to see all of the 800 meter pictures at the track meet, I want them to easily be able to navigate there. I tried to implement this in choice #1 using keywords and links in the description, but I think #2 works better. The big negative to #2 is I can no longer use "Feature Gallery" to get the most recent meet on the front page. I'd only be able to feature a specific event at the meet :(

Which method do you guys think works best? Which way would you recommend doing it? I really wish I could get a 4th teir for navigation so I could keep my main page less cluttered, but oh well.

My site is http://frelow.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    DodgeV83 wrote:
    I'm trying to figure out the best way to organize my Smugmug page. Here are my 2 choices.

Sport -> Year -> Meet

like this.

Track and Field -> 2004-2005 Season -> Home Meet

Sport (either current or archive for year) -> Meet -> Event

Track and Field '05-'06 -> Team Picture Day -> Toni

Any suggestions on which way is better? I will be taking way too many pictures at each meet, I want to be able to make the navigation easier. If someone wants to see all of the 800 meter pictures at the track meet, I want them to easily be able to navigate there. I tried to implement this in choice #1 using keywords and links in the description, but I think #2 works better. The big negative to #2 is I can no longer use "Feature Gallery" to get the most recent meet on the front page. I'd only be able to feature a specific event at the meet :(

Which method do you guys think works best? Which way would you recommend doing it? I really wish I could get a 4th teir for navigation so I could keep my main page less cluttered, but oh well.

My site is http://frelow.smugmug.com

Hi Dodge,

I'm moving this to "Mind Your Own Business" so we'll get more responses from folks who've been there and done that.

Andy