Options

template areas

synaturesynature Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited August 16, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Is there documentation somewhere that spells out how many and what size template areas are available?

The different site designs appear to have very different layouts of headers, content and other blocks, but apparently I have not control over the height of a logo image, for example. I picked one and it looks great, but needs about 200 pixels chopped off the top. How does one do that, or can it even be done?

once I plop a content into a container area, there seems to be very little I can do other than set margins.

I could go my original image, crop it, and upload it, but there's nothing telling me how big the container is going to be.

Something probably obvious, but I can't find it.
Brandon Smith
http://redwoodtwig.com
Sony A7r4 with a selection of Rokinon Cine primes that I'm really enjoying learning how to use.

Comments

• Options
    niftyfiftyniftyfifty Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2013
    Like you, I also want to control the size and placement of the different content blocks on my home page. I have very specific tastes in design that are not accommodated by any of the templates, although Sierra has come the closest. The content blocks will only go where SM allow them to go and only in the quantity and type (i.e., photo, text, etc) you allow - curiously, however, it will allow me to install two identical "search" buttons. The slideshow images are too small for my taste and that is not editable. I could go on and on, but what it all boils down to is I want to be able to put my own content blocks where I choose to, in the size I choose to, and I cannot seem to find a thread that deals with this even though I have tried inputting all kinds of key words. I am fine with CSS as I spent a long time customizing my Legacy site and learned a great deal. I have wasted hours and hours in the last week trying to customize my site in my own way, unable to do so and find the answers. I am totally frustrated.

Beth Harpham / Equidigital.com