Options

Hover colors and customization with acordion style navbar

JamesbjenkinsJamesbjenkins Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
edited August 18, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I've recently made the change to the accordion style navbar, and the CSS provided elsewhere on this forum and at www.smugocity.com no longer works.

I used FF web dev to determine the class info for the links in the accordion navbar, but that code was unsuccessful in creating the color on hover that I'm looking for.

I'd appreciate some help with the specifics here. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing.
Proofing: clients.captured-photos.com
Facebook: Like Me || Twitter: Follow Me
Gear: Lots of Nikon bodies & glass, an office full of tools and toys

Comments

• Options
    TomRoperTomRoper Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    I've recently made the change to the accordion style navbar, and the CSS provided elsewhere on this forum and at www.smugocity.com no longer works.

I used FF web dev to determine the class info for the links in the accordion navbar, but that code was unsuccessful in creating the color on hover that I'm looking for.

I'd appreciate some help with the specifics here. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing.

Can you post the code you're using to change this?
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2013
    .sm-user-ui .sm-accordion-item-label.sm-page-widget-nav-color-default a, .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-nav-popover.sm-page-widget-nav-color-default a:visited {
      color: #2b2b2b;
    }

.sm-user-ui .sm-accordion-item-label.sm-page-widget-nav-color-default a:hover {
      color: #01cbfd;
    }

.sm-user-ui .sm-accordion-item-label.sm-page-widget-nav-color-default a:active {
      color: #013088;
    }

• Options
    TomRoperTomRoper Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2013
    .sm-user-ui .sm-accordion-item-label.sm-page-widget-nav-color-default a, .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-nav-popover.sm-page-widget-nav-color-default a:visited {
      color: #2b2b2b;
    }

.sm-user-ui .sm-accordion-item-label.sm-page-widget-nav-color-default a:hover {
      color: #01cbfd;
    }

.sm-user-ui .sm-accordion-item-label.sm-page-widget-nav-color-default a:active {
      color: #013088;
    }

Your code looks correct and when I checked your site, your menu's are changing (even the nested links) to a blue when I hover over them as the code should. Maybe I misunderstood your question, that your links don't change color when hovered over
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2013
    No, if it's working for you then it must be not showing for me when I'm logged in for some reason. As long as the visitor can see the hover change, I don't care if I can. Thanks for checking!
  • Options
    southeasternphotographysoutheasternphotography Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2013
    Well, if this does not work when logged in, it should be added to the BUG page. We should be seeing what the client is/would be seeing - even if we have not gone live yet.