Options

Stop menu movement

cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited August 19, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have a menu bar embedded at the top of my site, but when you scroll down, the menu moves as you scroll, often interfering with enjoyment of the images.

i-LhBNctD-M.jpg

How do you stop the menu from moving with your scrolling? I just want it to stay at the top. There seems to be no switch available in the configurator.

Comments

• Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    You have the menu pinned. Go to Layout on homepage customisation (or perhaps 'entire site') and at the bottom of layout make pinning 'none'.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Thanks. Even with your help, I could not find it.

This is poor design I think. Rather than this being an option in the settings for the Menu, which are labeled as 'Entire Site', you instead must go to the Layout tab of the entire site and click Pinning, which does not seem to be tied to any specific item on the Entire Site, but some how the Menu inherits this (ie. no other object portrays the pinning behavior).

So rather than being in this dialog:

i-CkRcBmz-S.jpg

you must go to the Entire Site, then click Layout, then scroll to the bottom. Don't be tricked into clicking on the Menu object!

i-RFvv4hJ-S.jpg
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    The menu inherits it by virtue of being added to the header section. Any other things you had added to the header also would have been pinned in place, not just the menu.