Options

Big Prints

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited November 1, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
Just got back my 20x30 printed on canvas and framed from www.mpix.com

Very very nice. Not tack sharp "nose to canvas" distance...but very good even there. From normal viewing it's really amazing.

The only flaws are I overwhitened my wife's teeth. Didn't do the greatest on one of my daughter's, but you only see that flaw if you look real close. Did a great job on the eye bags and crows feet, though.

Those aren't flaws with the printing. From a 5.8mp (cropped from 8mp), the 20x30 size is very nice. You can see the individual blades of grass.

There's no glass in the frame...and frankly, I like that. I have some nice frames made for my 13x19" prints and I have to deal with glare.

I'd have no problem selling this size print from either my digital rebel or 20D. Matter of fact, now that I have a big print to show, I'm sure I will start selling this size.

Lee

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    There is something about a big print that just really feels impressive. I think all photographers should spend the time and money to make one. It's like a pilot getting his wings if you will, a right of passage.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2005
    Hiya Lee, Thanks for the post!

We're working on getting canvas prints - in fact, Baldy wrote about it in his smug blog a couple months ago. We were ready to go but he noticed a quality issue - and so we went back to Ezprints and said please fix it.

I just gave some sample files to Ezprints today, after meeting with them last week - and I'm promised some new canvas prints in short order. I'll report back soon enough.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Hiya Lee, Thanks for the post!

We're working on getting canvas prints - in fact, Baldy wrote about it in his smug blog a couple months ago. We were ready to go but he noticed a quality issue - and so we went back to Ezprints and said please fix it.

I just gave some sample files to Ezprints today, after meeting with them last week - and I'm promised some new canvas prints in short order. I'll report back soon enough.
    ohhh how exciting.. thats wonderful..don't know that I have anything good enough to put on a canvas but I'll have to work on that goal.. can't waitclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    NHBubbaNHBubba Registered Users Posts: 342 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2005
    There is something about a big print that just really feels impressive.
    I'll second that! I rolled the dice and ordered a few 10x15's of a few of my favs a few months ago.. It was such a rush getting them back. I showed 'em to anyone that would stand still long enough. .. Kinda like I did w/ small prints when I first discovered photography!

Just last week I made another order. This time I ordered a 20x30 print of one of my all-time favs. Four times the surface area.. four times the fun!

:Diloveyou.gifclap.gif