Options

#135 ineligible "practice" pics.

superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
edited August 20, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
Trying to get the hang of this before I go out and grab some new material for the challenge. These are just practice on older shots in LR so any technique advice or critique very welcome. Specifically, I'm still sorting out Contrast and degree of blur (and anything else obvious I'm not considering obviously).

Thanks

p1757649968-4.jpg

p1708492614-4.jpg
Accidents and Inspiration
One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2013
    Both photos work well. I think for sorting out technical details, it would be better to take one of them and tweak. Then post the various tweaks. I think the lighting on the 2nd works better for sorting things out.
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Not having tried the technique yet, I think the second one has more contrast to work with. It seems to me that you could use more blur in the foreground of both.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    Thanks. You're right. I keep Tweaking and playing around with these (and a few other older shots) and the transition is a lot more tricky/delicate that I expected. One notch too far either way can throw it off. Another thing is how it's effected by the physical size of the image on the monitor. I work on a fairly large screen at work and the effect seems a LOT more pronounced than on a laptop or smaller I-Pad.

It's a lot of fun though. Bringing a fresh view to a lot of older shots. Now if I can get some decent light this week I'll have some fresh "eligible" material to enter.
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..