Options

Centering Captions & Keywords

Uncle BumUncle Bum Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited August 21, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
All of my galleries are set up using the SmugMug standard - thumbnails on the left and selected image on the right. The selected image displays a Caption and Keywords underneath. However, this info is 'left aligned'.

Is there CSS that will cause them to be centered?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Uncle Bum wrote: »
    All of my galleries are set up using the SmugMug standard - thumbnails on the left and selected image on the right. The selected image displays a Caption and Keywords underneath. However, this info is 'left aligned'.

Is there CSS that will cause them to be centered?

Thanks!
    I think this is it, add it to your entire site CSS.
    #sm-gallery .sm-tile-info {
      max-width: none;
      text-align: center;
    }

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    Uncle BumUncle Bum Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2013
    Thanks Allen!
    Works like a champ!

I failed to include in my original request the CSS to cause the caption under the large image to be centered, as well.

In the gallery, when you click on the image to the right of the thumbnails, a large image is displayed on a new page. This image is the first of a slide show of all images in that gallery. It is on that page that the caption is also 'left aligned" and I would like to have it centered, too.

Hope you can help.

With ~40,000 posts I don't know how you have time to sleep...!
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2013
    Uncle Bum wrote: »
    Works like a champ!

I failed to include in my original request the CSS to cause the caption under the large image to be centered, as well.

In the gallery, when you click on the image to the right of the thumbnails, a large image is displayed on a new page. This image is the first of a slide show of all images in that gallery. It is on that page that the caption is also 'left aligned" and I would like to have it centered, too.

Hope you can help.

With ~40,000 posts I don't know how you have time to sleep...!
    See if this does it. Assuming you're referring to the lightbox caption.
    .sm-lightbox-info {
    }

This is best I can do, they put a bunch of buttons in a div on the right.
  • Options
    GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,747 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    Thanks for this information. I was looking for this for some time now. Both work for me.
  • Options
    James LyallJames Lyall Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I think this is it, add it to your entire site CSS.
    #sm-gallery .sm-tile-info {
      max-width: none;
    }

Allen, is it possible, with CSS, to center and enlarge the caption in a slideshow?
    Currently, the caption is left justified and very small. I am using the default SmugMug site design in sandbox mode. The caption overlays the image, could it be positioned below the image?
    Many thanks in anticipation.
    (Having created a legacy site which suited me, it really is a bore having to start all over again! No Map Me! button yet).
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2013
    Allen, is it possible, with CSS, to center and enlarge the caption in a slideshow?
    Currently, the caption is left justified and very small. I am using the default SmugMug site design in sandbox mode. The caption overlays the image, could it be positioned below the image?
    Many thanks in anticipation.
    (Having created a legacy site which suited me, it really is a bore having to start all over again! No Map Me! button yet).
    The only caption customization I've done to my small homepage slideshow is this. Maybe give you a hint?

.sm-page-widget-slideshow .sm-tile-info{
    text-align:center;height:30px;background:rgba(22,22,22,.40)!important;color:gold!important}
  • Options
    James LyallJames Lyall Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    The only caption customization I've done to my small homepage slideshow is this. Maybe give you a hint?

.sm-page-widget-slideshow .sm-tile-info{
    text-align:center;height:30px;background:rgba(22,22,22,.40)!important;color:gold!important}
    As ever Allen, with remarkable promptness, you hit the nail upon the head. Thank you very much. Now I have a nucleus upon which to work.