Options

Class work

HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
edited August 21, 2013 in People
Taking a great class from Craig Minielly and Warne Noyce up in Canada. This is Shannon a real life Roller Derby gal. What a great person to work with although we did get some strange looks.

1. i-sddWq95-XL.jpg

2. i-b4GxxCf-XL.jpg

3. i-63mPKTn-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited August 19, 2013
    Here is Craig Minielly, nothing special about these except they are straight out of camera taken at 7:40 at night at ISO 10,400. The first one is straight out of camera and the second one had some noise reduction run on it. I did crop the original about 50%!!

1. i-HqK8d7k-XL.jpg

2. i-nPphmFb-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2013
    Another one taked about 10 minutes later at 25,600 ISO. I'm talking dark, under a tree.

i-dCQmnqT-XL.jpg
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    so.... I guess it's a "push the lighting" class :). care to share some of the techniques?
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2013
    Diva not much to share on the low level lighting. I was amazed at how little light was needed to get some satisfactory results. We were getting amazing results at 8,000 ISO if our exposures were spot on and somewhat acceptable in a small size at over 10,500. One of the guys were getting barely acceptable results at 200,000 ISO on a Nikon, now that is just ridiculously crazy. (at least he stated 200,000) We were taking photos with campus illumination and try to catch fill with a reflector until 9PM. The main purpose was to learn to see light. Observe the shadow patterns, that we all now how to do but don't, and to use the sun as a second light source. Placing the subject in the proper position to use the sun as an accent light and then flash for the main. Learning to watch for rim lighting as the staring point.

Part two started this afternoon with Warne Noyce and using one flash off camera. Will post some results later.
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2013
    looks like she has some attitude. I don't like splotchy light in the first one.
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2013
    Assignment was to show shadow and depth. I was trying to pick up the shadows of the stairs to viewers right which gave the splotchy effect.

Trashing the dress.
    i-r6XkwLP-X2.jpg

i-bp7QBCR-X2.jpg

Shade shot
    i-BkwXqPW-X2.jpg

Open sun.
    i-DbZrST7-X2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2013
    A few more from today

1. i-4dgZc9t-X2.jpg