Options

#135 Attempt

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited August 22, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
Wow! Quite a challenge this time around. Not sure I'm really there yet. Went today and took photos from the top of the ferris wheel in Balboa... didn't like any of those shots. On the way home I stumbled upon this little row of houses... I'm not sure if this looks miniature enough... and if not if it's my processing or just the photo I chose to apply it to. Any suggestions or critique is appreciated.

i-VCpWf6V-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    camillercamiller Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    The colors are fantastic. I really like it.
    Cindy
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2013
    I'm still trying to figure out what to shoot for this challenge. Definitely a hard one! Glad we have extra time on it.

Love the colors on this! & at first glance, it really looks miniature, but after looking at it a bit, I see your concern. Maybe play with having less in focus? Or maybe if you can reshoot from back a little further - I just looked again at the examples & they are all wider than your shot, so maybe that's why it doesn't look as miniature. I really do like the houses though, great subject!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2013
    I really like the shot. it appears to me that most of the tilt-shift shots that I see have the areas of focus centered and running horizontally. It might just be that you are off-center for this technique to feel right.

Having said that, your shot is very interesting and pleasant!

I can't think of anything to shoot in my relatively flat world. Perhaps when football starts up next week and I have access to some high stadium press boxes I'll find something!!
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    juanherediajuanheredia Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    For me it looks very interesting. I like the natural frame from the trees. Colors are special and the post process y gorgeous.
    Maybe you should take in the effect at the top in the right. It doesn't look realistic.