Options

Issues with Chrome and With tablet and mobiles

johno548johno548 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 22, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi Guys,

Is anyone else having issues with Chrome, tablets and phones. My site looks awful on all three.

Firstly with Chrome i click on the menu nav bar to go to galleries it displays my choices but displays one that says galleries? I click on that and it takes me to know where just an empty space. Iv looked in my organizer and there is no reason to see why its doing it. I have a folder with other folders in it to which then has the galleries in them. Any Help?

Thing is this does not happen on IE. But does on Chrome and on iPad and Phones.

Also is there a way to have the site viewed only in Desktop mode when viewing on a mobile platform like a tablet or phone. I dont want this capability as it makes the site look hideous.

Im starting to get to the point where i just want to leave SM altogether as this new upgrade is rubbish and more complex than the old one.

Any help from any one right now would be great.

Cheers,

John

Comments

• Options
    steveLsteveL Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2013
    I have an item on the Nav bar that says "Featured Galleries" and when viewing on the ipad the "Featured Galleries" is also a choice that drops down. Clicking on that "Featured Galleries" item in the drop down menu will take you to a page that has all the galleries that I want to feature but you could have also chosen in the drop down menu to go to just a single gallery. It only works that way on the ipad which seems OK to me because it takes you to a page of galleries.

On the pc using firefox, the "Featured Galleries" item is not repeated in the drop down menu but you can click on the "Featured Galleries" in the Nav bar and go to that page of featured galleries.

Here is my site
    http://steveandbecky.smugmug.com/

click on "Featured Galleries" and not on the list in the drop down menu. On the ipad the drop list contains the "Featured Galleries" as the first choice even though I did not make that a choice in the Links customization. I guessed that is just how Safari implements that.

Just my 2 cents FWIW.
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    What is your site URL? Have you done much CSS?

Mine renders nearly perfectly in everything I've tried! ... IE8, IE9, IE10, FF, Chrome, and Chrome on android either in desktop or mobile mode. I haven't seen it in iOS yet.

Andy
  • Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    Steve, your site seems fine in Chrome on my Galaxy Note 2...

Andy