Options

Site structure question.

b-grinnerb-grinner Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
edited August 22, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
When building my site there is the Entire Site, HomePage, All Folders and All Galleries.

On my site, I put selected galleries in the folders page. Is this correct? Or should I have deleted the 'All Folders' and kept the 'All galleries'? I am confused as to what the proper structure should be for my site.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.
...The Cyberphotog:D

Comments

• Options
    aschendelaschendel Registered Users Posts: 283 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    There really isn't a right or wrong way to do things, but you could end up with a site that you don't like to navigate if you don't pay attention to your organization and your various settings... I've got my site setup fairly logically I think, and it navigates pretty well. Here's a broad overview:

My Organizer:
    Site%20organization%20-%20Organizer-M.jpg

Entire Site - HTML block for a subtle "powered by smugmug" in the top right, Menu using built-in functionality (Homepage and three Page I choose links):
    Site%20organization%20-%20Entire%20Site-M.jpg

Homepage - Slideshow set to a Gallery, Family Photos | 2013 is a Galleries content block set to A Folder I Choose, Recent Galleries is a Galleries content block set to Recent but it doesn't show when logged out):
    Site%20organization%20-%20Homepage-M.jpg

Custom Browse-Photos page (linked to from Nav) - no bread crumbs, Folders content block set to Top Level Folders:
    Site%20organization%20-%20Custom%20Browse%20Photos%20page-M.jpg

All Folders (used "natively" as the user drills down through folders) - Folders content block set to Current Location, Galleries content block set to Current Location:
    Site%20organization%20-%20All%20Folders-M.jpg

All Galleries (used "natively" for all galleries) - stock as can be:
    Site%20organization%20-%20All%20Galleries-M.jpg

I haven't really take advantage of the extra levels available in the new SM yet, so my whole structure is only 3 levels deep... I also recognize that I have a pretty basic "business process" as I'm just a hobbyist.

Andy