Options

Menu Dropdown Not Showing All Items

fencingmasterfencingmaster Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 23, 2013 in Bug Reporting
My site is photos.fencer.com.

When I click on Menu, then Events, it only lists 10 galleries although the folder contains 20. This happens even if I change the size of my browser window. I'm not able to mouse up or down the submenu to reach the other 10 galleries. And scolling the browser only moves the background, not menu.

http://photos.fencer.com/Events

I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome (ver 28) and get the same thing in IE10 and Safari 5.1.7.

Is there any way to scroll the dropdown menu so that I can see all of the galleries in the folder in the menu?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2013
    I had to scroll down using my wheel mouse.

I found some CSS to make each drop button smaller vertically. Shortens drop length.
    Add this it to site wide CSS. Changes top and bottom padding.
    .yui3-menu-item>.yui3-menu-label {
      padding: [COLOR="Red"]1px[/COLOR] 46px [COLOR="Red"]2px[/COLOR] 22px;
    }

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    fencingmasterfencingmaster Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 2, 2013
    Thanks, Allen. I've added the CSS code and it helps a little.

The number of submenu items that show on the vertical menu depends on the size of the browser window. When I maximize the browser, I can see all but one of the listed galleries in Events. If I make the browser window smaller, I see fewer galleries listed. The scroll on my mouse scrolls the page, not the menu items, for me (PC with Windows 7).

I suppose a fix would be not to put so many galleries under one folder. Now that we can go down further (7 levels?), I'll see if dividing Events into Events:Family, Events:Holiday, Events:Local Attractions will solve the problem.

The best solution would be for the vertical menu items to scroll as the mouse pointer goes up or down.
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I had to scroll down using my wheel mouse.

I found some CSS to make each drop button smaller vertically. Shortens drop length.
    Add this it to site wide CSS. Changes top and bottom padding.
      padding: [COLOR=Red]1px[/COLOR] 46px [COLOR=Red]2px[/COLOR] 22px;
    }

Thanks, that helps a lot!
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    Is this something that is being looked at by Smugmug? I am finding the same problem. I really don't wish to create unneeded levels of folders just to get this to work. I also see where you can change the mene font size, and I want the nav links in the header to be Large, but I'd like the dropdown menu items to be a smaller size. How do we adjust the font size there?
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »
    Is this something that is being looked at by Smugmug? I am finding the same problem.... but I'd like the dropdown menu items to be a smaller size. How do we adjust the font size there?
    Add this to your "entire site" CSS. It changes the default top and bottom paddings in the drop.
         /* shorter menu drop buttons */
      padding:[COLOR=Red] 1px[/COLOR] 46px [COLOR=Red]1px[/COLOR] 22px;
    }

• Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    Thanks Allen. I'll do that when I rebuild my drop-down menu. I've set it up twice, and deleted it twice. Next time I'll add this for sure. I think I'll wait to hear if they make the menu scroll of its own accord first. I use a pinned header, so I need a menu that will slide up/down.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Add this to your "entire site" CSS. It changes the default top and bottom paddings in the drop.
         /* shorter menu drop buttons */
      padding:[COLOR=Red] 1px[/COLOR] 46px [COLOR=Red]1px[/COLOR] 22px;
    }

This also affects other drops like in lightbox the sizes drop err rise. I noticed on some uses screen shots
    how the buttons are spread out wide/vertically.
  • Options
    uketeeceeuketeecee Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    Thanks Allen, this helps me too!
  • Options
    ablichterablichter Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    Darter02 wrote: »
    Is this something that is being looked at by Smugmug? I am finding the same problem. I really don't wish to create unneeded levels of folders just to get this to work. I also see where you can change the mene font size, and I want the nav links in the header to be Large, but I'd like the dropdown menu items to be a smaller size. How do we adjust the font size there?
    Not sure if they look at it, but I opened a post in here some time ago for that.