Options

[Fixed] "Add to Cart" button missing on keyword page

pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
edited August 23, 2013 in Bug Reporting
If I click a keyword to navigate to a keyword page, or link to a keyword page such as the one below, there is no "Add to Cart" button.:
http://pattiandjeane.smugmug.com/keyword/squirrel

Seems like keyword pages are an obvious place to allow people to buy the photos.

NOTE: that's just a "play" site I set up to experiment with new Smugmug without migrating.

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    It does show up in the Lightbox that appears when you click the photo, but not on the keywords page itself.

I wonder if this is because the Keywords page could be showing results from many galleries, some of which may not have selling enabled, so they don't want to show an Add to Cart button on the main page when the image you're thinking of might not be for sale.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »
    It does show up in the Lightbox that appears when you click the photo, but not on the keywords page itself.

I wonder if this is because the Keywords page could be showing results from many galleries, some of which may not have selling enabled, so they don't want to show an Add to Cart button on the main page when the image you're thinking of might not be for sale.

That may be the reason, but legacy smugmug shows the "buy" button in a keyword gallery, so it works as I would have expected (I'm still on legacy smugmug.) On my site in Legacy Smug, if I click on the keyword "owl", I get a page of photos from multiple galleries. The "Buy" button is available over the large preview, and it has options like "this photo", and "photos in this gallery." If I click "photos in this gallery", it pulls all of the photos with that keyword into my cart even though they are in different "original" galleries. It seems like new Smugmug should be smart enough to know, for each individual photo, whether they can be purchased, for how much.
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    Ah okay, if it works on legacy SmugMug then it probably is a bug on new SmugMug.
  • Options
    moirainemoiraine Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2013
    A fix is being worked on for this bug. Thank you for raising the issue!
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2013
    fix is live =)
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    Now how do we turn it off? On legacy we could add CSS to hide it on the keyword, date and popular pages.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2013
    similarly, you can do the same thing in a css block (you can apply to all galleries):
    .sm-page-gallery-keyword .sm-gallery-buymenu,
    .sm-page-gallery-date .sm-gallery-buymenu,
    .sm-page-gallery-popular .sm-gallery-buymenu {
         display: none; 
    }

• Options
    edited August 23, 2013
    Lamah wrote: »

moiraine wrote: »
    fix is live =)

Thank you!