Options

[New SM] How to make blogspot look like new SM?

ShantymanShantyman Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited August 23, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Dear Smugmuggers...
How to make blog site *.blogspot.com to look like our new smugmug site?
In old version it was very easy, but now?

Or have you any idea to include blog on the site? Has new SM a blog-like gallery style?
For some reason IMO blogspot is much more better (followers, etc).

Comments

• Options
    ko04ko04 Registered Users Posts: 370 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2013
    Shatyman I posted this same question here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=236622, and Denise answered it but I don't know about you but this stuff doesn't come easy to me so I'm still a bite lost. Anyways just check that link maybe it will help you though for me I am still a little confused.
  • Options
    ShantymanShantyman Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    Huge thanks, @ko04, I'll create a test blog on blogspot and will play with it to see what can be done.
    The easiest way might be to create a page on New Smugmug and then put an iframe, but html iframes don't work on new SM...
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2013
    you can import your blogspot into smugmug using a feed. This will, AFAIK, strip the formatting off the blogspot content and make it display in a smugmug style on your smug site.

Is that what you wanted?
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2013
    I am soo lost
    I am SOOO lost on how to make my blog make my smugmug. currently it looks just fine with my legacy but now since I am using a templet navbar I can't seem to figure out how to match my blog. I have no clue what code to put in there for my navbar or where to find it. I have inspected my code in my un-reveled site and I can't seem to see what I am going to have to use for the navbar in the bloger. The code I do see looks like this
    .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-nav-popover.sm-page-widget-nav-color-default a, .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-nav-popover.sm-page-widget-nav-color-default a:visited

. My last option is to just go to a SM type of Blog like Michael Bonocore. Though I'd hate to do that since I've spent a lot of time on my blogger and also because I do have followers I don't want to lose. If anyone has any kind of insight what so ever on this it would be very much appreciated.
  • Options
    electrolyteelectrolyte Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2013
    ko04 wrote: »
    I am SOOO lost on how to make my blog make my smugmug. currently it looks just fine with my legacy but now since I am using a templet navbar I can't seem to figure out how to match my blog. I have no clue what code to put in there for my navbar or where to find it. I have inspected my code in my un-reveled site and I can't seem to see what I am going to have to use for the navbar in the bloger. The code I do see looks like this
    .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-nav-popover.sm-page-widget-nav-color-default a, .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-nav-popover.sm-page-widget-nav-color-default a:visited

. My last option is to just go to a SM type of Blog like Michael Bonocore. Though I'd hate to do that since I've spent a lot of time on my blogger and also because I do have followers I don't want to lose. If anyone has any kind of insight what so ever on this it would be very much appreciated.

Hi Keith, I am having the same problem. I can't work out what code to copy across to blogger to replicate my new header and navbar. Under the legacy SM the code was quite easy to copy across because the code was in your HTML and CSS boxes but under the new SM the code seems to be SM widgets and not HTML and CSS you can copy.

So I would be interested to know if anyone else has managed to work out what code you need to replicate it.
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2013
    Hi Keith, I am having the same problem. I can't work out what code to copy across to blogger to replicate my new header and navbar. Under the legacy SM the code was quite easy to copy across because the code was in your HTML and CSS boxes but under the new SM the code seems to be SM widgets and not HTML and CSS you can copy.

So I would be interested to know if anyone else has managed to work out what code you need to replicate it.

Good glad Im not the only one until I figure it out I just added a feed box it better than nothing for now.
  • Options
    printergirlprintergirl Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    My biggest challenge with matching the new SM site and my blogger site was the header and navigation. I never could get it quite right, so I cheated and ended up doing a screen capture of my header, including the navigation area, uploading that to blogger and creating an image map in dreamweaver for my links. I then used an HTML block, at the top of my blog layout, to render an acceptable header, using the image map HTML and my screen shot logo. Less than ideal for my liking, because I like precise code, but it gets the job done. :ivar
    ~ Nora

WebsiteBlogFacebookTwitter