Options

Unlisted page showing

firefox13firefox13 Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited August 24, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi
I am working through the new SM and have set up an "about me" page. When I go to galleries it shows my folders and also a blank "about me" box. Not sure whether the public would see this as I haven't revealed yet.
Also the nav bar shows "about me (unlisted)" and I don't want the word unlisted to show.
If the public view won't see the page box with the other folders then that's ok. But I will still need to get rid of the word "unlisted" after about me in the nav bar.
Should I make the page "private" instead? But then private might show in the nav bar too.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,244 moderator
    edited August 24, 2013
    firefox13 wrote: »
    the nav bar shows "about me (unlisted)" and I don't want the word unlisted to show.
    The designation of (unlisted) or (private) will only show to you when you are logged in. Unlisted galleries that you have made available by providing a link will be visible to others. Private galleries are only visible to you when you are logged on; they are never available to others.

--- Denise
  • Options
    firefox13firefox13 Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2013
    The designation of (unlisted) or (private) will only show to you when you are logged in. Unlisted galleries that you have made available by providing a link will be visible to others. Private galleries are only visible to you when you are logged on; they are never available to others.

--- Denise

Thanks Denise. I guess I will see that when I take a visitors view once I reveal.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2013
    ...Private galleries are only visible to you when you are logged on; they are never available to others.
    --- Denise
    I'm assuming galleries like "site files" should be set to Private instead of using unlisted.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,244 moderator
    edited August 24, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    I'm assuming galleries like "site files" should be set to Private instead of using unlisted.
    Only if you don't want to use the photos in those galleries on your site. Private is not viewable unless you are logged in.

--- Denise