Options

Sort manually folder and gallery in the same page

coro085coro085 Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited August 24, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Sort manually folder and gallery in the same page
Folders with folders ok, galleries with galleries ok, but mixing the two?
This to sort by importance or layout
www.romeocolombo.com
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,244 moderator
    edited August 24, 2013
    The only way I'm aware of to mix galleries and folders is to create a page and to select galleries and folders intermixed. Displaying a folder that contains folders and galleries will show first the folders and then the galleries. This was the same behavior in legacy smugmug. I'd love to see this changed too.

--- Denise
  • Options
    martintylermartintyler Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2013
    The only way I'm aware of to mix galleries and folders is to create a page and to select galleries and folders intermixed. Displaying a folder that contains folders and galleries will show first the folders and then the galleries. This was the same behavior in legacy smugmug. I'd love to see this changed too.

--- Denise

if you sort by date you can get sub folders to be mixed in with galleries - not sure what 'date' a subfolder uses if the galleries in it are spread across a date range - mine don't overlap with any of the outer galleries so it works ok

what you can't do with sub folders is manual ordering in the organiser
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,244 moderator
    edited August 24, 2013
    if you sort by date you can get sub folders to be mixed in with galleries - not sure what 'date' a subfolder uses if the galleries in it are spread across a date range - mine don't overlap with any of the outer galleries so it works ok

what you can't do with sub folders is manual ordering in the organiser
    Thanks for that - I didn't realize that. Unfortunately it's manual sorting that I need.

--- Denise
  • Options
    coro085coro085 Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2013
    Thank you for the answers
    I have now ordered by name (Z-A), not what I wanted but at least the layout is good.
    www.romeocolombo.com
    Greetings