Options

Easy way to link to Contact Form in an HTML box

pbandjpbandj Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
edited August 25, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
I'd like a way to be able to put a link to the standard "Contact" form in an HTML box. There was some discussion about this in the customization forum, but no one had come up with a way to get this to work for everyone. The suggested solution there didn't work for me or several others...so I'd like to make this a feature request unless someone knows of an easy way to do this.

Comments

• Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2013
    Are you looking for a contact form or are you wanting to embed one from a service you already use? I am currently using the Wufoo content block. SmugMug only recently added this feature.
    http://soulgazephotography.smugmug.com/Website/Contact2/Contact/n-6gzhP
    Of course, the layout and fields are totally up to the user and the page layout too.
    If you're wanting to embed from a service you already use, I'm sure that will be addressed too.
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

• Options
    edited August 24, 2013
    Are you looking for a contact form or are you wanting to embed one from a service you already use? I am currently using the Wufoo content block. SmugMug only recently added this feature.
    http://soulgazephotography.smugmug.com/Website/Contact2/Contact/n-6gzhP
    Of course, the layout and fields are totally up to the user and the page layout too.
    If you're wanting to embed from a service you already use, I'm sure that will be addressed too.

I was actually just looking for an easy way t link directly to smugmug's default "contact" form. There doesn't seem to be an actual "page" to link to. I can look into using Wufoo...I just thought Smugmug, having created a simple "contact" form, might want to make it available other places besides the NavBar. Similar to the way I can link to my "About" page directly...
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2013
    pbandj wrote: »
    I was actually just looking for an easy way t link directly to smugmug's default "contact" form. There doesn't seem to be an actual "page" to link to. I can look into using Wufoo...I just thought Smugmug, having created a simple "contact" form, might want to make it available other places besides the NavBar. Similar to the way I can link to my "About" page directly...

You could easily accomplish by creating a "Contact Me" page and include a WuFoo content block. This will give you a page to link anywhere.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    You could easily accomplish by creating a "Contact Me" page and include a WuFoo content block. This will give you a page to link anywhere.

Thank you both; I will check out the WuFoo content block.
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    pbandj wrote: »
    Thank you both; I will check out the WuFoo content block.

You're welcome and good luck! The Wufoo form can be modified to be nearly identical to SmugMug's default form. If you need help getting set up, we're here to help.
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.