Options

Help unlisted gallery

USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
edited August 25, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I have a unlisted gallery I would like people to be able to download photos from this gallery.
How do I do this?

Thanks
Fred

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    USAIR wrote: »
    I have a unlisted gallery I would like people to be able to download photos from this gallery.
    How do I do this?

Thanks
    Fred
    Can you not just enable originals in the gallery, make sure right-click protection is off and then send people a link to the gallery. Unlisted galleries are not included in normal gallery listings on your site, but if you send someone a link to it, they can then access it just like any other gallery. It's like an unlisted phone number. It's not in the directory, but once you know it, you can use it.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    jfriend wrote: »
    Can you not just enable originals in the gallery, make sure right-click protection is off and then send people a link to the gallery. Unlisted galleries are not included in normal gallery listings on your site, but if you send someone a link to it, they can then access it just like any other gallery. It's like an unlisted phone number. It's not in the directory, but once you know it, you can use it.

Yes I have tried this but the saved photos are a different size from the original.

Security settings are Right-Click Protected off and Maximum Display Size original.

Just would be nice to have a download button.
    edit---these photos are 480x272---and they need to stay at this size.

Thanks for the help
    Fred
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    Yes I have tried this but the saved photos are a different size from the original.

Security settings are Right-Click Protected off and Maximum Display Size original.

Just would be nice to have a download button.

Thanks for the help
    Fred
    There is a download button that will download the original. Where it is located depends upon which viewing style you are using. In new SM, it's an icon that looks like a down arrow with a line under it. If you want to share a link to the unlisted gallery, we can see if we can point it out to you.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    There is a download button that will download the original. Where it is located depends upon which viewing style you are using. In new SM, it's an icon that looks like a down arrow with a line under it. If you want to share a link to the unlisted gallery, we can see if we can point it out to you.

I see the button you are talking about but only when I am log in.
    If I log out it is gone.
    I assume logged out is the same as visitor view.?
    here's the link

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    I see the button you are talking about but only when I am log in.
    If I log out it is gone.
    I assume logged out is the same as visitor view.?
    here's the link

Thanks
    Fred
    If the button is not available when logged out, then the gallery is probably not set to allow access to originals in the gallery settings. I just checked on my own unlisted gallery and the download button is there when logged out if the gallery settings are set appropriately.

FYI, your site is not working for me (no galleries are working). The browser is stuck waiting for some content from themes.googleusercontent.com. I don't know if that's something you put in your site in your customization or something Smugmug relies on from there, but my browser can't seem to get whatever it is in order to load your pages.

Edit: Now I'm able to load your gallery and I see the Download button in the lower right corner after I click on an image to open it into the lightbox.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    If the button is not available when logged out, then the gallery is probably not set to allow access to originals in the gallery settings. I just checked on my own unlisted gallery and the download button is there when logged out if the gallery settings are set appropriately.

FYI, your site is not working for me (no galleries are working). The browser is stuck waiting for some content from themes.googleusercontent.com. I don't know if that's something you put in your site in your customization or something Smugmug relies on from there, but my browser can't seem to get whatever it is in order to load your pages.

Edit: Now I'm able to load your gallery and I see the Download button in the lower right corner after I click on an image to open it into the lightbox.

Ok seems to be working now but it did not work earlier I don't understand.
    That little arrow was not there when I logged out.

The only thing I can thing of for the Google link is I use the Google analytics.

Anyway not sure if you did something or just the net slow today but it works great now.

Thanks for all your help.

Fred