Options

Watermarking new Photos

samsplacesamsplace Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
edited August 26, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Hi

I have tried to use the new customization :scratch.

My site seems to be working under the new customizations, then I tried up loading my photos to my summer gallery -- I worked them I tried to watermark these new photos using watermarking symbol listed in my site files gallery. I followed the new download information on the new smugmug. I got to the last page (in the old system where their is the page with the info says its working) In this page, under the new customization was left blank, I waited 5 minutes still no watermark.

I changed my site fille gallery to unlisted and still no watermark. I contacted the help desk 24 hours ago and still no responce from them :dunno

Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

Gil from Samplace
Take Nothing But Memories:rofl
Kill Nothing But Time :clap
Leave Nothing But Footprints :thumb

http://www.samsplacephotos.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    The new photos you uploaded, were they larger than 800 pixels on the long side?
  • Options
    ceasleyceasley Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    I have had trouble removing some watermarks. I'm on my third attempt with one particular gallery. Most photos in that gallery do not have watermarks, but I just can't seem to get rid of some that still do. I'm trying again today and will see what happens.
    Colleen Easley

Visit my website

Photography is my vehicle for discovery!
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    Nope, still not working. It used the watermark tool a third time on one album and an hour later some of the watermarks are still there. It did take a few more off, but not all. This is an album of 168 photos. Something really seems wrong here.

Update: I just checked the settings on this gallery and saw that I had watermarking turn on. That doesn't quite explain why the remove tool is not working, but it might play into it. I've turned it off and am using the remove tool one more time. Hopefully, this will do the trick.

And Gil, if you have your gallery watermark settings set to off, that might explain why your watermarks are not showing up. Try turning it on and then use the watermark tool again. I wonder if maybe the tool and the settings are "not playing well together."

One last update: Setting the gallery watermark settings to OFF seems to have solved the issue. This could be looked at as user error, but in reality, it should be possible to have the majority of the gallery watermarked via the settings, and then selected images un-watermarked.
    Colleen Easley

Visit my website

• Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    samsplace wrote: »
    Hi

I have tried to use the new customization headscratch.gif.

My site seems to be working under the new customizations, then I tried up loading my photos to my summer gallery -- I worked them I tried to watermark these new photos using watermarking symbol listed in my site files gallery. I followed the new download information on the new smugmug. I got to the last page (in the old system where their is the page with the info says its working) In this page, under the new customization was left blank, I waited 5 minutes still no watermark.

I changed my site fille gallery to unlisted and still no watermark. I contacted the help desk 24 hours ago and still no responce from them ne_nau.gif

Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

Gil from Samplace

Gil - If I were you, I'd set the gallery settings to watermark on import then you won't have to use the watermark tool after the fact. The tool should work (not sure why it isn't), but if you want all your photos in that gallery to be marked, why not just set the settings that way? My wish would be that someday Smug would allow us to turn the watermarking on or off just with gallery settings instead of how the watermark works now. It would make it so much easier to make site-wide changes.
    Colleen Easley

Visit my website

• Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    Andy wrote: »
    The new photos you uploaded, were they larger than 800 pixels on the long side?

Why do I have to Change my photos to your 800 pixels when it was working before the new smug mug???????

PLEASE GIVE ME BACK MY OLD WEB SITE.

Samsplace

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited August 25, 2013
    samsplace wrote: »
    Why do I have to Change my photos to your 800 pixels when it was working before the new smug mug???????
    Andy was just trying to verify that your photos are large enough to be watermarked.

Photos have always needed to be more than 800 pixels on one side. That was true in Legacy smugmug and it is true in new smug as well.

From the help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93274#protection:
    Pros (Portfolio and Business subscribers) can place a custom watermark on the display copies of any image that's larger than 800 pixels on one side.
    --- Denise
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    Actually I think they have to be at least 801px on longest side to be watermarked.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2013
    Andy was just trying to verify that your photos are large enough to be watermarked.

Photos have always needed to be more than 800 pixels on one side. That was true in Legacy smugmug and it is true in new smug as well.

From the help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93274#protection:

--- Denise

Hi Denise

The orignal photos were all above the 800 px level. I deleted both of the new photos, then uploaded one of the same photos. The problem seems to be in Smug Mug's uploading of the new photo.

The new photo, of the same image, was sucessfully watermark.

Thank you all for your help

Gil - www.samsplacephotos.com