Options

Just unveiled so you all can see the site and help, I have 2 issues:

JamesbjenkinsJamesbjenkins Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
edited August 26, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hey all, I've just unveiled my site so you can all access it. There are 2 issues I need some help with.

1. I've set up the code for the navbar links to turn blue on hover, but it's not working. It may be because it's the accordion style navbar. If someone knows what that is supposed to be in CSS, please take a look and let me know.

2. The slideshow I've set up on my homepage looks absolutely horrible. I've tried everything I know to make the slideshow be stretchy and full screen, but I've had no success. I know some of the other themes have the full screen slideshows, but I like the theme I have apart from the slideshow.

Thanks in advance for your help with these 2 issues. Please feel free to provide any feedback on the site in general!
Proofing: clients.captured-photos.com
Facebook: Like Me || Twitter: Follow Me
Gear: Lots of Nikon bodies & glass, an office full of tools and toys

Comments

• Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    James

Not sure if you are doing something to your site at this time, but I'm getting a blank where the slideshow should be. I have the nav bar etc on the left, but to the right is blank.
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    macromeistermacromeister Registered Users Posts: 490 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    Also... if I click on portfolio expansion I get it, but I can't scroll down to the rest of the menu. I may not be getting all the options that are there. Firefox v23
    I'm Rob Ashcroft - MACROMEISTER IMAGES . . . .
  • Options
    Djm3006Djm3006 Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    Hey all, I've just unveiled my site so you can all access it. There are 2 issues I need some help with.

1. I've set up the code for the navbar links to turn blue on hover, but it's not working. It may be because it's the accordion style navbar. If someone knows what that is supposed to be in CSS, please take a look and let me know.

2. The slideshow I've set up on my homepage looks absolutely horrible. I've tried everything I know to make the slideshow be stretchy and full screen, but I've had no success. I know some of the other themes have the full screen slideshows, but I like the theme I have apart from the slideshow.

Thanks in advance for your help with these 2 issues. Please feel free to provide any feedback on the site in general!

morning
    I'am only getting your menu on the left hand side the rest is blank?
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2013
    our portfolio limks are broken.

This is a link from your menu: [URL]http:///portfolio/weddings[/URL]
    where is should be: http://www.captured-photos.com/Portfolio/Weddings , which does work (but the gallery is empty).

Did you manually enter the links?
    you somehow deleted a part of the URL
    AND
    the links are now case sensitive (which, IMHO, is the single most stupid thing with the new SM).
  • Options
    JamesbjenkinsJamesbjenkins Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    The issues raised above have been dealt with. Didn't realize that the links in the customization screen are case-sensitive. That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of, but that's another story.

I still have the challenge listed in my original post above, the hover color issue. In looking at my CSS, everything should be right, but it's not working. It worked just fine until I changed my navbar to accordion style, so I'm sure that's the cause. I just don't know how to fix it.

Also, on the off chance that Allen looks at this thread, how can I decrease the vertical distance between my navbar top level links? I've asked Smugmug about the bug of them being off the bottom of the screen and unreachable, but they've been no help at all. I need to make the whole navbar shorter vertically so everything fits on the screen for my viewers with a smaller resolution.

As for the slideshow, I've installed a static image as a placeholder until either SM gives us the use of Javascript again, or Fastline or another customizer comes out with a fix. SM has royally screwed us all over on that front.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Proofing: clients.captured-photos.com
    Facebook: Like Me || Twitter: Follow Me
    Gear: Lots of Nikon bodies & glass, an office full of tools and toys
  • Options
    dereksurfsdereksurfs Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    Hm, I am not seeing any slideshow... just a static B&W image with a very bright light in the background. Also I get no hovering effects at all on the links, just static thin text with a smallish font making it a bit hard to read. This is on both Chrome and FF.

* Edit: I just noticed you mentioned that in your last post toward the bottom. There has been a lot of other folks using slideshows already. But I understand wanting to wait.