Options

Adjust Space Around Slideshows

James_FJames_F Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited August 26, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Refer to the snapshot of my homepage. I'd like to reduce the space above the slideshow image and some text above it. I do know that if I select a "Fixed" height in the slideshow settings, the space will be closed up as much as I want. However, that creates a problem if a site visitor has a smaller window open to view the homepage - the image would overlap other elements. Whereas, "Auto" resizes the slideshow image so it does not overrun other elements, but auto leaves a lot of empty space around the image.

Obviously, the content block that holds the slideshow has "protected" space around the image - space between the element border and the element content. And I assume that this might be tweaked by some CSS coding. However, I don't know if the space around the slideshow image content block is "Margin", "Padding", "Background" or some other syntax that controls the space around the image - or maybe its a combination of more than one property. I did change the margin around the slideshow content block from 12 px to 0 px, but that didn't change much of anything.

Would seem to me that this is a fairly easy fix if one know which CSS property to choose. Any ideas?

Comments