Options

HS Football Scrimmage Shots

MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited August 26, 2013 in Sports
I love High School Football. These are from our local team scrimmage last Friday. Home opener is this coming week. Full gallery can be found here.

20130823-ASC_0363-L.jpg

20130823-ASC_0376-L.jpg

20130823-ASC_0461-L.jpg

20130823-ASC_0912-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    Good captures here....you can see players facial expressions in these. Are they playing on turf?
    QB looks like he is over 7ft tall.
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    I like the colors in these and the exposures are good. My advice is: Try shooting with portrait orientation. You've got a lot of unnecessary dead space in these.

Shot 1: good exposure and facial expression. Defender is too far away to be part of this image so this is a photo that would be better framed in portrait orientation.

shot 2: weakest shot of the series. Nothing really interesting going on here - shot 3 is a better angle and better timing for a throw.

Shot 3: nice capture but way too much dead space. portrait orientation and framed tighter on the QB.

shot 4: a bit late considering you are shooting the offensive team. A shot a bit earlier in the sequence should be better - when contact is initially made with the defender. Independent of team, the best story in this shot is the expression of the 2nd defender so a tighter crop highlighting that player would be more compelling.

Looks like you've got camera settings down very well - now you just need to work on your framing. But you're off to a nice start for pre-season!
  • Options
    MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate your comments.