Options

Fill Height on or off?

ko04ko04 Registered Users Posts: 370 Major grins
edited August 26, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hey I wanted to get your guy's input on this one. I was noticing a black bar on the bottom of my page this being because Smugmug allows you to have it where you can either fill the page or not. When I click on Fill Height on in the layout menu it looks better but than you have to scroll down to get to my footer. Though when you have it off you see the footer but there is a black bar at the bottom. I am not sure which one is better, does it matter that you have to scroll to see the footer? I read Denise's form about how important it is to have a small header and that its annoying to have to scroll to get to the photo's. So I am wondering if the same is true if you have to scroll to get to the footer if that is a no no. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Currently I have it set of off on the pages that its happening like here http://www.k-ophotography.com/FineArt/Landscape. Thanks as always!

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,243 moderator
    edited August 26, 2013
    I think your photos are more important than your footer. I wouldn't scroll past the photos unless I wanted to see if there was a caption - so if it's important to you that viewers see your footer then you would need to set it to show. The question you need to ask yourself is if you'd rather have the viewer's eyes on larger photos or if you'd prefer that your footer was seen.

--- Denise