Options

Sales notification?

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited November 2, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to be notified by email or something of print sales? Probably a FAQ, but I couldn't find.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Is there a way to be notified by email or something of print sales? Probably a FAQ, but I couldn't find.

No, not by email. But you get notification in your control panel>pro print sales.
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    Assuming you are charging for a profit.
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2005
    Assuming you are charging for a profit.

yes, very important!
  • Options
    Techman1Techman1 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    Has this been requested previously? I think it would be a great feature that we could possibly turn on in the Control Panel. Currently, you have to log in to see if anyone has purchased anything. It would be great if we could receive a notification of purchases automatically, as I would like to be proactive and send my clients a thank you for purchasing. I'm sending notes now, but only after the fact (sometimes several days later) because I don't look daily.

Thanks in advance if someone knows if this is on the list of things to be considered.

Regards,

Fred Dickinson Photography
    Dallas - Fort Worth , Texas
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2005
    Techman1 wrote:
    Has this been requested previously? I think it would be a great feature that we could possibly turn on in the Control Panel. Currently, you have to log in to see if anyone has purchased anything. It would be great if we could receive a notification of purchases automatically, as I would like to be proactive and send my clients a thank you for purchasing. I'm sending notes now, but only after the fact (sometimes several days later) because I don't look daily.

Thanks in advance if someone knows if this is on the list of things to be considered.

Regards,

Fred Dickinson Photography
    Dallas - Fort Worth , Texas

Hi there, Fred

It has been requested before - and we don't presently offer such notification. Checking your control panel daily is one our top pro tips deal.gif
  • Options
    Techman1Techman1 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2005
    Hey thanks Andy! I guess I'll have to get into the habit of doing this daily. My sports sells have started to pick up, so I really need to do this anyway.

I've only had photos up for about a month on Smugmug and am very pleased so far. My clients have expressed their pleasure also with the ability to only order 1 or 2 photos if they like. Previously, it was a pain for me to have to work up just one or two photos for a customer. This service has really worked out well for me. I just need to get more of the games that I've photographed uploaded. So much to do, so little time!

Take care and thanks for always helping out on this forum.

Fred
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2005
    Techman1 wrote:

Take care and thanks for always helping out on this forum.

Fred

That's great, Fred - thanks so much for being a customer, and for being here :D