Options

unlisted galleries don't work?

woonkiewoonkie Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited August 27, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
any unlisted galleries don't show up unless I am logged in. Anyone else having that problem?

how do I share the photos I don't want on my website with people?

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    Unlisted galleries are NOT supposed to show up in a regular gallery listing unless you are logged in. That is their purpose. If you want them to show in your regular gallery listing, then make them public, not unlisted. If you don't want them to show up in the regular gallery listing, but still want to share them with individual people, then just email them a link to the unlisted gallery and they will be able to view it.

They work like unlisted phone numbers. They're not in the directory, but if someone tells you what the number is, then you can use it. Same for the URL to an unlisted gallery.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    woonkiewoonkie Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 27, 2013
    jfriend wrote: »
    Unlisted galleries are NOT supposed to show up in a regular gallery listing unless you are logged in. That is their purpose. If you want them to show in your regular gallery listing, then make them public, not unlisted. If you don't want them to show up in the regular gallery listing, but still want to share them with individual people, then just email them a link to the unlisted gallery and they will be able to view it.

They work like unlisted phone numbers. They're not in the directory, but if someone tells you what the number is, then you can use it. Same for the URL to an unlisted gallery.

Thanks for your reply! the url is not working. If I create an event. Its not working. I have no way for anyone to see photos except me, or the ones that linked on my site
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    woonkie wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply! the url is not working. If I create an event. Its not working. I have no way for anyone to see photos except me, or the ones that linked on my site
    Are you sure the gallery is "unlisted" and not "private". Private is only available to the logged in site owner.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    Events should work just like sharegroups, unlisted galleries will show for your visitors.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog