Options

Journal gallery style question

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited October 27, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Anyone know how many images will load when using the Journal gallery style? Will it load a set amount and then make you go to page 2, 3, etc if you reach a certain limit? Or will it try to load as many images you have in the gallery, no matter how many there are? If it tries to load all, will it only load a set amount until the visitor scrolls a certain distance down the page?

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    Looks like its about 50 images per page. I tried this on a gallery with 100 images, and the result was 3 pages with only a handful of images on the last page.

kygarden wrote: »
    Anyone know how many images will load when using the Journal gallery style? Will it load a set amount and then make you go to page 2, 3, etc if you reach a certain limit? Or will it try to load as many images you have in the gallery, no matter how many there are? If it tries to load all, will it only load a set amount until the visitor scrolls a certain distance down the page?

• Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2013
    Ann McRae wrote: »
    Looks like its about 50 images per page. I tried this on a gallery with 100 images, and the result was 3 pages with only a handful of images on the last page.

Great, thanks. I don't have 50 in my two journal style galleries yet :-)
  • Options
    moirainemoiraine Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2013
    just to give a hard number, it is currently 48
  • Options
    Cat_SharkCat_Shark Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 27, 2013
    Is there a way to change this default number to have only 20 images load on a page to avoid as much scrolling for large galleries